The Dr. Liz Ashton High Performance Sport Award is a non-repayable award that recognizes the athletic achievements of a student entering a program in the Camosun Centre for Sport & Exercise Education in the Fall semester. Applicants must demonstrate how they have attained their athletic achievements.
Applications for Dr. Liz Ashton High Performance Sport Award will open on May 1, 2018.
Dr. Liz Ashton High Performance Sport Award
- Value: varies annually, approx. $1,000 per award
- Program of Study: Full-time in a Camosun Centre for Sport & Exercise Education program.
- Number of Awards: 1
- Must be accepted into a full-time course of study in the Centre for Sport & Exercise Education program for Fall 2018.
- Must be able to demonstrate ways in which you have achieved athletic accomplishments.
- Complete the online application no later than August 1, 2018.
- Upload supporting documentation with online application. Include:
- Personal statement outlining your athletic accomplishments.
- Letter from your athletic coach/instructor stating your achievements in the given sport.
- Online application will be available from May 1-August 1, 2018.
- Complete applications must be submitted by August 1, 2018. All supporting documentation must be received by this date. Late, incomplete, or printed applications will not be accepted.
- Adjudication of this award will be managed by the Financial Aid & Awards office. All decisions are final.
- Successful recipients will be notified by email by October 1, 2018.
- Award will be applied directly to the student's Camosun account. If tuition and fees have already been paid, the surplus amount will be refunded.
- Entrance awards cannot be deferred to a future semester or year.
- Students will not normally receive more than one entrance award.