The Dr. Liz Ashton High Performance Sport Award is a non-repayable award that recognizes the athletic achievements of a student entering a program in the Camosun Centre for Sport & Exercise Education in the Fall semester. Applicants must demonstrate how they have attained their athletic achievements.
Dr. Liz Ashton High Performance Sport Award applications are now being accepted: Apply Now
Applications will be accepted from May 1 to August 1.
Dr. Liz Ashton High Performance Sport Award
- Value: varies annually, approx. $1,000 per award
- Program of Study: Full-time in a Camosun Centre for Sport & Exercise Education program.
- Number of Awards: 1
- Must be accepted into a full-time course of study in the Centre for Sport & Exercise Education program for Fall 2018.
- Must be able to demonstrate ways in which you have achieved athletic accomplishments.
- Complete the online application no later than August 1, 2018.
- Upload supporting documentation with online application. Include:
- Personal statement outlining your athletic accomplishments.
- Letter from your athletic coach/instructor stating your achievements in the given sport.
- Online application will be available from May 1-August 1, 2018.
- Complete applications must be submitted by August 1, 2018. All supporting documentation must be received by this date. Late, incomplete, or printed applications will not be accepted.
- Adjudication of this award will be managed by the Financial Aid & Awards office. All decisions are final.
- Successful recipients will be notified by email by October 1, 2018.
- Award will be applied directly to the student's Camosun account. If tuition and fees have already been paid, the surplus amount will be refunded.
- Entrance awards cannot be deferred to a future semester or year.
- Students will not normally receive more than one entrance award.