The Knowledge First Foundation Entrance Award is a non-repayable award that recognizes high academic achievement upon high school graduation to a student entering full-time post-secondary studies in the Fall semester at Camosun College and who has contributed to their community. The award is adjudicated on a competitive basis.
Knowledge First Foundation Entrance Award applications are now being accepted: Apply Now
Applications will be accepted from May 1 to August 1.
Knowledge First Foundation Entrance Award
- Value: varies annually, approx. $1,500
- Program of Study: Any Camosun full-time program leading to a credential.
- Number of Awards: 1
- Must have attained outstanding academic achievement (B average or higher) upon high school graduation (grade 11 and 12).
- Must be enrolled or planning to enrol in the upcoming Fall semester in a full time program leading to a credential, and be within 12 months of high school graduation.
- Must demonstrate ways in which you have contributed to your community.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Complete the online application no later than August 1, 2018.
- Upload supporting documentation with online application. Include:
- Personal statement outlining your volunteer and community involvement.
- Copy of your high school transcript.
- Online application will be available from May 1-August 1, 2018.
- Complete applications must be submitted by August 1, 2018. All supporting documentation must be received by this date. Late, incomplete, or printed applications will not be accepted.
- Adjudication of this award will be managed by the Financial Aid and Awards office. All decisions are final.
- Successful recipients will be notified by email by October 1, 2018.
- Award will be applied directly to the student's Camosun account. If tuition and fees have already been paid, the surplus amount will be refunded.
- Entrance awards cannot be deferred to a future semester or year.
- Students will not normally receive more than one entrance award.