The purpose of this award is to celebrate the academic achievement of a student in spite of significant mental health challenges. This annual award was inspired by the Camosun College Student Mental Health and Well-Being Strategy 2016 – 2020, and the efforts being extended at the college to raise awareness about the challenges faced by students experiencing mental health issues and illness.
Healthy Minds Award application is now closed for 2019.
Please check back in March 2020 for next year's application.
Healthy Minds Award
- Value:$500 (approx.)
- Number of Awards: 1
- Be enrolled at Camosun College in the 12 months prior to the award application deadline.
- Have completed at least one full year of academic studies in your program of study.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (C).
- Be registered with the Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) and be diagnosed with a mental health challenge.
- The Awards Committee will review applications and recommend a recipient. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- As good academic standing is a criteria for this award, the Awards Committee will be reviewing Camosun College transcripts.
- The successful recipient will be notified by email no later than 6 weeks after the award application closing date.
- Applicants may request their name be kept anonymous during the award process.
This award was established by Dr Alex Carre, a faculty member at Camosun College with a long time commitment and support for students with mental health issues and who as a result face significant educational and career challenges.
The award recognizes these challenges and the effort and accomplishment required to succeed in a demanding academic environment.