This award is intended to recognize the volunteer work of a student who has demonstrated a leadership role and strong commitment to raising awareness about the development and issues pertaining to Africa.
The Leadership in African Awareness Award application is now closed for 2018.
Please check back in March 2019 for next year's application.
Leadership in African Awareness Award
- Value: $500
- Number of Awards: 1
- Have been enrolled at Camosun College in the 12 months prior to the award application deadline.
- Demonstrate strong academic performance, with a minimum GPA of 5.0 (B).
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to African issues in one or more African countries.
- The Awards Committee will review applications and recommend a recipient. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- As grade point average (GPA) is a criteria for this award, the Awards Committee will be reviewing Camosun College transcripts.
- The successful recipient will be notified by email no later than 6 weeks after the award application closing date.
With thanks to the faculty, staff and students on the Camosun College African Awareness Committee who donated this award.