Facilities Services takes care of planning, developing, operating, maintaining, cleaning and securing the buildings and grounds of Camosun College. With two campuses, this amounts to over 50 buildings—almost 1 million square feet and 250 acres of land. Facilities Services has a team of over 60 people who are focused on providing a safe, sustainable, comfortable and functional environment for students, staff and visitors.
Our role includes:
- Capital funded building projects and renovations
- Acting as the point of contact for all enquiries that pertain to the buildings and grounds
- The daily operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and building control systems
- Ensuring that the cleanliness of all buildings is maintained
- Providing support for the many special events on campus
- Maintenance of the campus grounds
- Emergency Management - providing a safe and secure environment
- Lost and Found
Maps & Plans
Drawings & plans
Emergency Assembly Points (EAPs)
Students, staff and faculty should be aware of the location of the Emergency Assembly Point designated for buildings in which they work and study. In the event of emergency requiring building evacuation, everyone will gather at Emergency Assembly Points.
Campus plan 2005
This plan was developed as a critical part of preparing the College for the next century and ensuring that it can continue to provide the highest quality of education and keep pace with a rapidly changing educational and funding environment.
- Campus plan 2005 PDF
Indoor Air Quality
Good indoor air quality enhances our health, comfort and productivity. Each member of the College community has a role in ensuring a healthy indoor air environment exists for their workplace. This includes building occupants, schools & departments, Facilities Services and Occupational Health Safety. Smoking on campus is allowed only in various outdoor designated areas.
E-cigarettes are not covered under the smoking policy but their use can adversely impact the health of others and affect indoor building systems. The use of e-cigarettes or vapour devices is prohibited inside all Camosun College buildings. Outdoor use of e-cigarettes or vapour device is permitted on campus but must be used a minimum of 7 meters away from any doorways, windows or air intakes.
The following are general guidelines that can be applied when indoor air quality concerns arise:
- Nuisance odour concerns (scented fragrances, cleaning supplies, office plants and flowers, etc.) Please refer to camosun.ca/scent-free
- Concerns related to building systems such as ventilation or plumbing should be reported to Facilities Services (local 3041-Lansdowne or 3889-Interurban). These include concerns about building temperature, humidity and air circulation, and odours arising from plumbing fixtures or ventilation ducts (e.g. sewer gas, noxious chemicals, exhaust fumes). If you have an unusual air quality problem or just require some general information, please contact our office.
Fire, first aid, security, safety, alarms or after hours repairs requiring immediate attention.