The Disability Resource Centre (DRC) provides a wide range of services and educational accommodations for students with a documented disability, including anxiety and depression. DRC faculty and staff are available on both campuses to arrange services and supports such as classroom and exam accommodations, accessibility assistance, and to act as a resource for students, faculty and staff.
Providing equitable access to Camosun students
If you have documented needs that require accommodation in the classroom, the DRC can help you transition into Camosun and support you during your time at the college. To achieve the goal of equitable access, the DRC has put in place a wide range of services and supports that are individualized to meet your needs within your specific academic program.
If you know you may need accommodation through the DRC, it is important to see us as soon as possible. The process of registering with the DRC can take several months and includes a recommended info session, providing documentation, meeting with an advisor and setting up your accommodation.
Learn more about the process of getting started with the DRC.
Upcoming Info Sessions
Get an overview of DRC services, college resources, funding options, campus orientation and eligibility information.
Sessions are held on the following dates:
- January 21, 1:30-2:30 pm (Lansdowne)
- February 4, 9:30-10:30 am (Lansdowne)
- February 11, 10-11 am (Interurban)
- February 11, 6 pm (Lansdowne)
- February 18, 1:30-2:30 pm (Lansdowne)
- March 3, 9:30-10:30 am (Lansdowne)
- March 3, 10-11 am (Interurban)
- March 10, 6 pm (Interurban)
- March 17, 1:30-2:30 pm (Lansdowne)
- April 7, 9:30-10:30 am (Lansdowne)
- April 7, 10-11 am (Interurban)
- April 14, 6 pm (Lansdowne)
- April 21, 1:30-2:30 pm (Lansdowne)
Contact us to register.
Hear from our students
What's the DRC experience like? Watch student testimonial videos.
"Don't look at it like you're taking advantage of a system... You're putting yourself on a level playing field with other students."
Todd, DRC student