In addition to co-op employer partnerships, we offer many services to connect employers with Camosun students.
- hosting an on-campus information sessions
- facilitating on-campus interviews
- hosting career fairs
Contact us for more information about how we can help connect you with Camosun students.
Services and Fees
Employer Information Session
Present information about your organization's career and/or recruitment opportunities in a one to four-hour information session.
- $250 plus GST
- Session promotion to target audience A room booking (with typical seating capacity of 45) AV equipment (i.e. internet connection, data projector, and similar) Arrangements for catering is available at additional charge
- To market to a target audience and organize your event, a minimum of four weeks notice is needed. Larger spaces or additional time may be available for additional fee, depending on time of day and year. Normally, employers are limited to one presentation per campus per academic term.
- There is a $100 non-refundable deposit. The remaining $150 is refundable provided cancellation occurs at least 10 days prior to the event. There is a $25+GST fee for a date or room change.
On-Campus Interview Rooms & Interview Scheduling
Interview scheduling and rooms for non-co-op positions are available if the interviews result from an activity facilitated through the Co-op and Student Employment department. Employers must provide the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of candidates they wish to interview. Catering is available at additional cost.
- $75 plus GST per day
- Interview scheduling for up to 10 candidates Reserved interview space
- Schedule changes or additional candidates may be possible at an additional fee of $7.50+GST each. Up to two weeks' notice is needed for this service.
- No refund if cancellation occurs 3 days or less prior to the event.
Employer Information Table
Display your company information with an information table located in a high traffic lobby or hallway area, or weather permitting, outside in a central location.
For more information or to book a table, contact Facility Rentals today!
Career Development Seminars
We welcome employer involvement in various general or targeted workshops on career related topics throughout the year. If you have a topic of interest for a workshop or would like to participate in general career-related topical sessions, please contact us.
We also encourage you to participate in Employer Webinars offered through CACEE, the the Canadian Association for Career Educators and Employers. Check out upcoming webinars on our events page.
We host program specific career fairs thoughout the year.These fairs connect industry representatives with students from a wide range of Camosun programs.
Hire a student
If you would like to hire a Camosun student, please send your job posting to email@example.com.
Guidelines for recruitment on campus
Camosun College follows the ethical recruitment guidelines established by the Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE).
In addition to these, good recruitment practices at Camosun respect the college's primary function as an educational facility.
For these reasons, campus information sessions are organized through co-operative Education & Student Employment.
Activities such as approaching faculty for classroom announcements, distributing leaflets, surveys or similar materials or other unauthorized attempts to access students are not permitted.