Volunteering is a great way to get a taste of a career you're interested in, while also providing useful service to the community.
- Apathy is Boring - is a youth-run non-profit organization, focused on helping young Canadians get engaged in democracy. Their website uses art and technology to educate young people about democracy. You can join in a discussion with other young people, learn more about development and find opportunities to take action.
- BC Cancer Agency
- BC Games
- BC Schizophrenia Society
- BC Forest Discovery Centre - The BC Forest Discovery Centre is a 100-acre, open air museum with an operational railway in Duncan, British Columbia. The Centre features forest and marsh trails with excellent bird watching opportunities. The story of BC's forest industry is shared through exhibits, heritage buildings, and logging artifacts. Special events are offered throughout the year that include family activities and workshops for adults and seniors.
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Charity Village - Canada's online community focused on careers, work life, and human resources issues in and around the social profit sector. We connect you to great work, ideas, opportunities, and each other.
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada - internships in developing countries program for youth 19 to 30, and graduating from post-secondary.
- Idealist - is a network for those who want to build a better world. It offers information about jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, events and programs. It also has a spot where you can search for volunteers for your own project.
- Learnhowtobecome.org - guidebook for students and young professionals seeking careers in the non-profit sector
- Project Management Institute
- Saanich Recreation Volunteer Services
- SOPAR - offers one-month internships in India in community development. You may also be able to receive university credit for this internship. There are at least three application periods per year.
- United Nations Internships - opportunities with United Nations agencies.
- Uniterra - is a voluntary co-operation and international development program, established by CECI and WUSC, to help reduce poverty and inequality in twelve countries. There are many ways for Canadians to participate — within Canada and in developing countries.
- Verge Magazine - is a North American magazine offering readers opportunities to explore studying, working and volunteering options abroad.
- Volunteer Victoria
- Volweb.ca - connects volunteers seeking short-term volunteer opportunties at events.
- WorkInNonProfits.ca - connecting non-profits across the country with job seekers as well as suppliers of services and products.
- World Volunteer Web - is a global volunteer information portal providing links to thousands of resources for volunteers. It was created by the United Nations Volunteer Program and several partners. It offers how-to guides for both volunteers and for those managing volunteers.
"Visiting the Student Employment centre at Camosun is a guaranteed way of increasing your success on your career search, as well as gaining a great selection of networking skills in one brief meeting."
Kayla, Practical Nursing program
- CESE Libguide - Career and employment resources
- Business Co-operative Education Information Sessions
- Sep 19 • 12:30 pm
- Interurban CBA
- Co-operative Education Business Information Session
- Sep 20 • 3:30 pm
- Interurban CBA Room TBA
- How to Use LinkedIn
- Sep 25 • 4:25 pm
- Interurban CBA Room 116