We have collected a variety of resources for you that may also assist you in your job search.
Job Posting & Career Exploration Web Sites
- BC Jobs.ca - commercial job posting site
- Camosun Co-op and Career Portal - Apply to job postings, make appointments with career staff and learn about career events happening on and off Campus.
- Indeed.ca - free access to millions of jobs and internships from hundreds of job boards, newspaper classifieds and company websites
- Monster.ca - search for jobs, build an online resume, research employers
- Allnorth Consultants Limited - mining, pulp and paper, chemical, oil and gas, marine, transportation, power and municipal sectors in Western Canada, the Atlantic provinces and globally
- Aboriginal Youth Internship Program – Government of BC
- BC Public Service – Job Opportunities
- Camosun College Employment Opportunities
- Canadian Careers.com - learn how to explore careers, use online job searching, assists in writing cover letters and resumes and applying online
- Careeredge.ca - internship program for recent graduates
- Careersinfood.com - food and beverage manufacturing industry
- Careertipster.com - career development and training
- City of Victoria
- Cool Jobs Canada
- Community Casual Labour Pool
- Cruise Ship Jobs
- CSAE - Canadian Society of Association Executives - the job board for association executives
- Disney International Programs - As part of Disney International Programs at Walt Disney World Resort, you'll have the unique opportunity to live near Orlando, Florida while you gain experience with a global entertainment leader. Whatever program you participate in, you'll make connections with people from across the globe. You'll also learn directly from Disney leaders, be immersed in the English language, and learn about different cultures as you share your own.
- ECO Canada – Environmental Careers Organization
- Green Jobs International - various international paid jobs, internships and volunteering opportunities within the environmental, engineering and management sector
- Hospitality Careers Online
- HRDC Job Bank
- Job Bank - Government of Canada
- JobCareer - search jobs from thousands of company recruitment pages and job board sites, upload and manage resumes which can be discovered by potential employers, and read tips and advice on how to get a job
- jobpostings.ca - search current job opportunities, connect with employers, and read up on the latest employment trends, options, and career advice
- Jobquestor - new employment site in Ontario
- Job Shark - a Canadian site that offers a wide selection of professional job listings
- Make a Future – Careers in BC Education – online job board for opportunities in the BC public education system
- My Loudspeaker - NEWGEN services
- National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Neuvoo - helping students all across the country search for jobs for free
- Simply Hired - job search made simple, search thousands of job sites and companies
- TIA - The Intern Agency
- University of Victoria
- Victoria Job Shop
- Victoria Tourism Jobs - Victoria's tourism industry job portal
- Work Canada
- WorkCabin - Canada's outpost for environmental jobs
- Work in NonProfits.ca
- Workopolis - job postings, resume database, employer profiles
Business and Media
- FreshGigs - marketing and design jobs
- The ultimate source for CA's - helps locate firms in Canada and around the world
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of BC
- GT Hiring Solutions - employment service for BC's tourism industry
- Media Job Search Canada - media related professions
Career Options in the Forces
- The Justice Institute - recruitment info on Adult Correctional Officer careers.
- The Corrections Branch - to locate departments that hire Correctional Officers
- Vancouver Police Department
- Health Careers Interaction
- taffoncall - listings for LPN and Health Care Aides, Housekeeping Aides, Laundry Aides, Home Health Aids, Food Service Managers, Recreation Therapists, Cooks, and more
- Vancouver Island Health Authority
Immigrants and International Student Resources
- Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
- Inter Cultural Association of Victoria - assists newcomers to settle in the Greater Victoria area and facilitates their inclusion and full participation in the community
- Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society - helps immigrants and refugees find employment
- Immigrant Skilled Employment Program - a pilot project to help landed immigrants build careers in BC's construction industry and provide employers with skilled trades' workers
Students with Disabilities
- Best Practices in Supported Employment
- NEADS - Employment Connections: A Transition Tool Kit for Youth with Disabilities
- Work-Able - 12-month, paid BC Public Service work experience program for recent post-secondary graduates with disabilities
Trades and High Tech
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
- Canadian Mechanical Contracting Education Foundation
- Industry Training
- Site C Job Opportunities - learn how to apply
- T-Net British Columbia - technology news and jobs
- Tech Jobs Victoria
- VIATEC - Vancouver Island Advanced Technology Centre
Employment Magazines Online
- Career Options
- Grad School Planning Guide - published by jobpostings.ca - everything you need to know about choosing a post-grad degree or diploma
- jobpostings eMagazine - published by jobpostings.ca - View employers looking to recruit students this year. Read up on the latest employment trends, career options, and career advice.
- Jobpostings Disabilities Edition - Canada's ONLY career magazine for students with disabilities!
- First and Second Year Career Planning Guide - published by jobpostings.ca - Read up on what you should be doing now to ensure you land your dream job when you graduate.
- Job Choices 2012 Online
Government Online Resources
- Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
- Government of Canada - jobs, workers, training and careers
- Top 100 Internet sites for Learning and Employment
- Public Service Commission - federal government recruitment
- Co-operative Education and Internship Program - Statement on federal government Co-op job postings
- Service Canada - Resources and Locations
Career Search Resources
- BC Job Search Guide - The BC Job Search Guide offers a day-by-day, step-by-step system of approaching job search in British Columbia. Each day we suggest specific things job seekers should be doing to produce the best employment results. Each day's section is coupled with worksheets and mini-videos that cover a wide range of topics.
- Facebook Firing – Is the Facebook the New Water Cooler?
Its goals are to advance the profession of Applied Science Technology and the professional recognition and career development of Applied Science Technologists and Certified Technicians and other members in a manner that serves and protects the public interest.
Represents the interests of the vast majority of private over-the-air radio television broadcasters in the province. Associate members of the Association include advertising agencies, public broadcasting enterprises and many other businesses which relate to the broadcasting industry.
The local chapter of the Human Resource Management Association hosts several networking events throughout the calendar year (September to June) and partners with other local associations and organizations to bring as many opportunities as possible to its membership. The local chapter is comprised of over 200 members and its goal is to provide professional development opportunities for their membership and other interested persons, on Vancouver Island.
The association supports the professionalism of its members. It represents residential construction industry in BC, for which there is a membership directory. The association also holds conferences and produces a newsletter.
A professional association providing leadership in information systems and technologies. This organization offers student memberships, and opportunities to learn about building relationships with other IT professionals and about getting involved in the IT profession.
A new local chapter of the national Digital Eve. It is a women-focused and community-based organization in the field of new media and IT. They offer workshops, employment related links and a national magazine. To become a member you may subscribe to their listserve to learn about their coming events and workshops.
The Vancouver Island Chapter of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (GDCVIC) represents graphic designers living and working on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. GDCVIC's goals are to develop a positive identity for the Graphic Design profession in Canada, by promoting and actively supporting higher standards of design, by fostering interaction and dialogue, and by representing the Society's concerns and interests to the general public, to government, and to industry. In addition to involvement with the national body, GDCVIC carries out programs of regional interest and significance.
The chamber represents local businesses and business people. They circulate newsletters, host trade show events and maintain a business directory. It is an excellent local resource for accurate business information.
The ICABC has an executive office that is responsible for Institute management. It also offers member services for professional advisory services, ethics, and practice review and licencing. The website provides employment opportunities in the accounting field and provides information on professional development.
A professional association for secretaries/executive secretaries, administrative assistants/executive assistants, office coordinators, office managers, and other administrative professionals. The local Victoria chapter meets on Wednesdays every couple of months and has topic guest speakers.
PEAVI provides professional development, networking and support to editors in and around Victoria, BC. PEAVI members offer a wide range of contract editorial services.
This organization regulates and governs the professions under the authority of the Engineers and Geoscientists Act by setting and maintaining high academic, experience and professional practice standards for all members. This site also has listings of employment opportunities for engineers.
The local Victoria newspaper. Keep up to date by reading news headlines plus you can search the classifieds for employment opportunities.
A not-for-profit industry association responsible for the development and promotion of tourism in Greater Victoria. With over 900 business members, this organization provides an extensive business directory for the tourism sector.
This not for profit organization works to provide meeting planners, and suppliers (hotels, restuarants, display companies, special events people) with an opportunity to meet each other to do business. Monthly luncheon meetings are held all over Victoria on the second Thursday of each month. To RSVP call the info line: 361-1068.
Led by Peter Elkins (CEO & Co-Founder of Capital Investment Network), join the Victoria Open Coffee Club every Monday at Fort Tectoria to discuss new ideas and concepts and pick the brains of the entrepreneurs in your very own community! A great way to start your week…
Entry is free, just buy a coffee from Ground Control Cafe on your way in! Check the VIATeC events calendar for dates and times.
Provides information on relevant for students and apprentices working and learning in the electrical and construction field.
A non-profit society of professional women founded to support, advance, promote and celebrate the professional development and achievements of women involved in the BC film, video and television industry.
As a mature student returning to Camosun to complete my BBA, my goal was to broaden my work experience outside the industry I worked in for over a decade. To do this, I needed to take a fresh new approach with my résumé and cover letters. Using the services of Student Employment, I learned to present myself to employers in a professional way that represented my skill-set and new career objectives. With a little time, perseverance and the right attitude, I achieved a major goal: a permanent job in my field of study.
Davin, Alumni - Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing Communications Management