Beyond 2020 - Vancouver Island Career and Connections Fair
Thursday, November 19, 2020 | 10am - 4pm | Virtual
Bringing together students and employers to explore the future of work on Vancouver Island
With an expected 100+ participating employers and 1500+ engaged students this event is designed to bring together employers, students, alumni, and industry associations on Vancouver Island to re-connect, engage and share employment and work experience opportunities, as well as, business intel to help students prepare for the future of work and alleviate the shifting demands or gaps in the new job market.
You can expect to interact with employers one-on-one, watch presentations from industry experts, and win awesome prizes. Customize your profile, create connections, ask questions, and learn from community leaders, helping you prepare for the future of work post-pandemic.
Keynote Speaker: Sean Aiken
Feeling anxious about the future and navigating your career path? Beyond 2020's keynote speaker Sean Aiken, from the One Week Job Project, will guide you through a presentation on the Future of Work: A Revolution in Work Consciousness. Sean shares his remarkable story along with key observations about transformational leadership and workplace fulfillment.
By attending the event you'll automatically be entered to win our amazing door prizes.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 32 GB WiFi Tablet Silver from WorkBC
- $50 Amazon gift card from Bayshore Home Health
- Mobiya Lantern, a portable solar powered LED lantern with mobile charger, from Schneider Electric
- Regular individual income tax return from H&R Block Canada Inc.
- Canadian Coast Guard duffle bag, hat and carabiner mini light
- Dr. Bonnie Henry t-shirt from Saanich Neighbourhood Place
- True Key Hotels & Resorts backpack
- Nootka Marine Adventures t-shirt, hat and key chain
Discover which employers will be at the fair +
... and more!
Employer Information +
In the wake of COVID-19, Vancouver Island businesses will need talent with practical experience and future-relevant skills. This is a unique opportunity for your organization to connect with students from four academic institutions across Vancouver Island.
If you are an organization that would like to be an exhibitor at Beyond 2020 please register now.
Employer Package Options
Included in the General Exhibitor Package ($199 + GST) are:
- Fully customizable booth
- 2 company representative seats
- Booth includes text-only, audio or full-video interviews to engage each candidate individually
- Add marketing materials and job or co-op opportunities to your individual booth
- Exhibitors will receive access to powerful analytics post-event
*Please note: We understand that this is a new delivery method for a career fair however we will be supporting all paid exhibitors through a webinar series prior to the event. This will include booth setup and customization, using the platform features as well as managing virtual connections with students.
If you have questions or require further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship Package Options
There are sponsorship opportunities available for organizations who want increased reach and visibility at Beyond 2020. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Student Information +
Beyond 2020 is a great opportunity to meet, connect, network, engage and find work, co-op and/or internship opportunities, with over 100 employers from a variety of industries and sectors from across the island. You attend the event virtually, even using your mobile device.
Prepare for Success – Virtual Career Fairs Webinars
Not sure how to connect with employers at a virtual career fair? Register for one of our Prepare for Success – Virtual Career Fairs Webinars:
- Thursday, November 5 - 12:30-1:10 pm
- Monday, November 9 - 12:30-1:10 pm
- Friday, November 13 - 12:30-1:10 pm
- Monday, November 16 - 4:30-5:10 pm
- Tuesday, November 17 - 12:30-1:10 pm
- Wednesday, November 18 - 6-6:40 pm
We will be covering essential topics: develop a profile, research, polish your resume and envision your conversations with employers of choice. Learn tips to confidently execute your professional game plan on the 'Beyond 2020' Brazen virtual platform.
There is no cost for students to register for Beyond 2020 or any of the workshops.
Student Guide for Beyond 2020
Read our guide on how to be successful at a virtual career fair:
- International Women's Day Panel: #ChooseToChallenge
- Mar 8 • 3:00 pm
- Both campuses Online