Choosing an English assessment option
An English assessment provides a snapshot of your current English skills. You can use this to determine whether you are ready to enter your program of choice, or whether you need upgrading first. Please select from the two options below to book your assessment.
- I do not have confidence in my English skills.
- I did not complete academic English 10.
- I sometimes experience significant test anxiety (some anxiety is normal).
If this sounds like you, please email our Instructional Assistant or call 250-370-3945 to schedule your assessment
- I completed English 10 or higher.
- I am fairly confident with my English skills.
- I get a little nervous during tests, but I am ok with it.
- I have not been enrolled in a Camosun English course for at least 4 months.
If this sounds like you, Register Online for your computerized assessment.
Still not sure what assessment option is best for you? Contact a student navigator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-370-3466 (Lansdowne) or 250-370-3847 (Interurban).
Need to brush up on your skills?
Check out our Study Materials for tips and practice questions.
Out of town applicants
Are you currently living out-of-town? If you cannot attend an in-person assessment at Camosun, please email us and we will follow up with instructions on how to complete your assessment from your current location.
Questions about the assessment? More information will be sent to you by email after you’ve booked. If you still have questions, see FAQ.
The following tests are offered by Camosun Continuing Education.