Ready to take an assessment?
Book an assessment
Are you of Indigenous ancestry? You may find it very helpful to connect with an Indigenous Advisor before making an appointment to take an assessment test, or once you have your results.
Do you have a documented disability? If you need to test under specific conditions, please contact the Centre for Accessible Learning to arrange testing accommodations and support.
Are you an ESL speaker? English Second Language assessments are booked through the English Language Development Department at Interurban Campus. If English is not your first language and you wish to book an English Language (ESL) assessment, please contact ELD.
On assessment day
Parking is available for a fee in the long-term parking lots on Foul Bay Road. Please do not park at short term parking meters.
Timing and late arrivals
Please report to the Assessment Centre 10 minutes before your scheduled assessment time. The tests begin promptly and if you are late, we may have to re-schedule your assessment to avoid disrupting other clients.
What to bring
- Photo ID
You may not use a dictionary or a calculator during an assessment.
Assessment result timelines vary. Upon completion, staff will let you know when to expect your results.
Your test results are confidential, we cannot provide the results by phone. Your results won't be given to or discussed with anyone outside of the college without your written permission. If you want someone else to pick up the results for you, you must give that person a hand-written note giving the Assessment Centre permission to give your results to that person.
If you have any questions about your results, you can arrange to meet with an Assessment Centre staff person to discuss them.
If you are not located in the Victoria area and cannot attend an in-person assessment at Camosun, please email us at email@example.com and we will follow up with instructions on how to complete your assessment from your current location.
The Assessment Centre provides invigilation (also called proctoring or test supervision) services for a variety of exams that are used by other organizations: entrance exams to other institutions, mid-term and final exams for distance education courses, association certification exams, and many other tests that may require an independent invigilator. Times are arranged individually.
- Complete one form per test
- Give us a preferred appointment time. See our hours for possible times.
- If your institution has given you a range of dates, give us 3 preferred appointment times within that range.
- If we cannot accommodate your request then we will contact you to make alternate arrangements
- Please be aware that this service is provided on a time, staff, and space availability basis. We will do our very best to accommodate your request but there may be occasions when we cannot. In such cases, we will contact you to look for rescheduling possibilities.
Some external exams will register their own clients.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you need to reschedule your test after the booking has been confirmed. We will happily reschedule your appointment twice free of charge. After that, there will be an additional $25 administration fee per exam.
Request test supervision services
Assessment testing at Camosun College is free of charge.
|Test||Type||Cost||Fee Payable to||Notes|
|General External Exams||Pen and paper tests, computer-based and online testing.||$50||Camosun Assessment Centre||Cost is per test of 3 hours or less. Costs for over 3 hours are negotiated.|
All fees are subject to change. Costs listed include applicable taxes.
Note: Please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible if you need to reschedule your test after the booking has been confirmed. We will happily reschedule your appointment twice free of charge. After that, there will be an additional $25 administration fee per exam.