After your initial registration with the Centre for Accessible Learning, you can meet with our staff at any time for follow-up or to discuss any issues that you have encountered in relation to your approved accommodations or to discuss your academic progress.
After your intake appointment, the centre can help you with:
- accommodations for placement testing
- classroom accommodations
- exam accommodations
- part-time study options
- course material in alternative format
- liaison with instructors
- funding options for education, services and equipment
- follow-up and check-in to monitor academic progress, and provide assistance as necessary
- BC Aboriginal Network on Disability Society
- The Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Vancouver Island District, 250–595–1100
- Spinal Cord Injury Canada (formerly the Canadian Paraplegic Association)
- Canadian Abilities Foundation
- Island Community Mental Health
- Victoria Disability Resource Centre
- Island Deaf & Hard of Hearing Centre
- Victoria Office, 250–592–8144 • TTY 250–592–8147
- Learning Disabilities Association of BC - South Vancouver Island Chapter
Student Drop-In Hours
Drop-in times are intended for returning students who need a brief appointment. If you need more than 10 minutes, we are happy to schedule an appointment for you.
No drop-in Friday, November 2
- Mondays: 10:30-11:30am
- Tuesdays: 1:30-2:30pm
- Wednesdays: 1:30-2:30pm
- Thursdays: 10:30-11:30am
- Fridays: 1:30-2:30pm
- Monday-Friday: 11:30am-12:30pm
Note There may be occasions where drop-ins are not offered. Whenever possible, we'll let you know ahead of time.
Hear from our students
Watch student testimonial videos.
Don't worry about how you're going to write an exam or how to handle different situations, because the Centre for Accessible Learning is there to help you.
Sebastian, Camosun student