Camosun logo for print

Academic Advising

Transferring to UVic - Recreation & Health Education Major

Here's what to take in your first year at Camosun if you're planning to transfer to UVic.

This program is competitive entry. At a minimum, you must get at least an overall GPA of a B- but your grades are only one factor for admission. Details are available online: UVic's BA (Recreation and Health Education).

You can take some of the courses that meet admission requirements for this program. Camosun does not offer the Year 2 courses you need for this major, so you'll need to start planning your admission to UVic early in your studies.

What to take for first year

  Course Course Name Notes
All of ENGL 151 Academic Writing Strategies  
EPHE 143 Multidisciplinary Foundations of Physical Activity This is a required course not offered at Camosun. Talk with a Camosun Academic Advisor to discuss your options
One of ENGL 161 Literary Genres  
ENGL 163 Introduction to Literary Traditions  
Six of Electives An elective is any course that transfers to UVic. Use the BC Transfer Guide to confirm course transferability.
Recommended electives:


Contact a Camosun Academic Advisor.

For specific questions about UVic’s admission policies, deadlines and GPA requirements, contact the UVic Welcome Centre.

Year 2 and beyond

Because not all course work needed is available at Camosun College, you will need to start discussions with UVic about planning your admission and transfer to their program, and how you will transition there.

Learn more.

Contact Us
Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College Interurban
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
  • 250–370–3000
  • 1–877–554–7555 (toll-free)

©1996–2018 Camosun College | Victoria BC, Canada | Printed: February 23, 2018 at 8:33 am Change Everything logo for print