Helping you make educated choices.
The world of advanced education can be a confusing place. We can help you understand the post-secondary system and develop the skills necessary to navigate your academic path.
How an academic advisor can help
Academic Advisors are the Camosun program and post-secondary experts.
If you're just starting your college education, we can help you understand post-secondary culture and terminology. We can look at Camosun programs with you to navigate the related course descriptions, prerequisites and course progression.
Once you have applied to Camosun and your previous educational experience has been assessed by Admissions, we can assist you with the skills to develop your own plan to meet your educational goal whether that is to enter a specific Camosun program or to transfer into another school's degree program. If you have attended additional post-secondary institutions and have had that work assessed for transfer credit, Academic Advisors can give guidance on applicability and usability of the transferred course work towards your educational goals.
If you're currently enrolled at Camosun, we can help you with all of the above, plus help you choose appropriate elective or required courses for your current and future programs. We can assist with determining which courses are needed to complete your credential. We can help you understand how to use the BC Transfer Guide for Camosun program requirements or for research toward future transfer to university.
Academic Advisors are your guides to transitioning to other colleges or universities. We provide detailed information to help you plan your transfer to a specific program at the University of Victoria.
Services for students
There are many Camosun resources to help you along the way.
- Have questions about your Camosun admission requirements, program demand or your application? Contact Admissions.
- Wondering how to register for courses or how to use Camlink? Contact Registration.
- Looking for information on ordering transcripts, transfer credit or criminal record checks? Contact Student Records.
- Need personal, career or cultural counselling? Contact Counselling.
- Are you an international student? Contact Camosun International.
- Are you an Indigenous student? You may also contact the Centre for Indigenous Education and Community Connections.