Put your imagination to work to win cash!
Camosun is recruiting students like you to form teams to compete to solve the challenge of building exciting, engaging, and interesting student experiences on campus; and there’s $7,000 in cash up for grabs for the winners!
Are you up for the challenge? Apply today!
So, what's the Student Innovation Challenge?
The Student Innovation Challenge (SIC) is a fun, applied learning challenge that focuses on improving your student experience at Camosun.
- How can campus spaces work better for you, as students?
- What would make the student experience more fulfilling?
- What resources are needed to increase student involvement in the College?
These are just some of the questions that your innovative idea could address.
Contestants will work in teams of four students from across the college—part of the challenge will be working with students from other programs who you haven't met before!
You don't need an idea to apply for the challenge—you'll create ideas with your team.
You mentioned something about $7,000 in cash?
Yes, yes we did! Cold hard cash!
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- The 1st place team wins $1,000 for each team member
- The 2nd place team wins $500 for each team member
- The 3rd place team wins $250 for each team member
Besides the cash, the challenge will also look great on your resume. It demonstrates creativity, community engagement, and teamwork, as well as potential recommendation to employers from your team advisor.
I’m in! Hit me with the details
Alrighty then. You’ll be placed in a team of four. The teams will be interdisciplinary and so you’ll be matched with at least two teammates from other programs. The challenge is open to any Camosun College student in any registered program.
To apply, fill in an application form. You can sign up individually or in pairs if you have a buddy you want as part of your team.
How much time is required? We don't expect you to spend much more than 20 hours over the four months of the challenge.
When’s this all due?
- September 1 to October 15 – Apply!
- October 30 – Teams are created
- December 1 – Team idea proposals due
- December 15 – Teams are shortlisted
- February 15 – Challenge report is due from each shortlisted team
- February 27 – Shortlisted teams present their 5-minute pitch to a panel and live audience.
For more information, contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: September 21, 2018 9:23 am