In case of Canada Post service disruptions
August 25, 2016
Canada Post service disruptions may impact Camosun College’s ability to communicate with students who normally receive important information about their programs, admission and registration details, etc., via the postal system.
During the period of Canada Post service disruption, Camosun will attempt to mitigate any impact by temporarily changing our standard operations. The college will communicate important information with students via email, phone, and facsimile, rather than the postal system. To help facilitate this, all students are asked to ensure their Camlink accounts are updated with current phone numbers, email address, and any other contact details.
The college will make every possible effort to ensure students are not disadvantaged in any way by the Canada Post service disruption.
Submission of and Requests for Transcripts
Depending on your individual circumstances, requests and submissions may be handled differently.
Current High School Students
If you are graduating from a BC secondary school this year, you should request to have your final grades sent directly to Camosun by submitting the Ministry of Education's online Post-Secondary Selection Form. Log in. After submitting this online form, your grades will be sent to us electronically once the Ministry of Education finalizes them and makes them available.
BC High School Graduates
During the postal service disruption, there are two options for providing Camosun with your BC High School transcripts:
- The Ministry of Education has advised that transcripts will not be emailed or faxed during the postal service disruption. Students are able to retrieve final grades from Student Secure Web available on the Ministry of Education's website:
- to access Student Secure Web, you will need your BC Personal Education Number (PEN).
- create an account or log in to your account.
- print your "unofficial transcript".
- bring a copy of your printout, along with your Student Secure Web login details to Admissions at Camosun.
- we will ask you to log in to your Student Secure Web account for us, in order that we may verify the printout you provide to us.
- Submit a "rush" transcript order via the Ministry of Education website: (rush orders cost $25 and transcripts will be sent via courier, not Canada Post).
Students outside BC
Arrange to have your transcripts sent via courier rather than Canada Post.Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College Interurban
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
Please note that the college can only accept official, sealed transcripts.
Post-Secondary transcripts from other Institutions:
During the postal service disruption, there are two options for providing Camosun with your post-secondary transcripts:
- Post-secondary institutions across Canada are also making arrangements to send and receive transcripts electronically during the service disruption. Please contact the issuing institution to ensure your post-secondary transcripts are sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions & Registration
All correspondence with Admissions or Registration normally sent by post will be sent via email and followed up by a courtesy phone call.
Transcripts received in this way, must be followed up with hard copy originals once the service disruption has concluded.
- Arrange to have transcripts sent via courier to the Admissions Office at the campus where your program is to take place (see above).
Temporary arrangements have been made for the duration of the service disruption for Camosun to send transcripts to other colleges and universities via fax or electronically.
Transcripts will be sent to Admissions departments only.
If you require a transcript be sent to a specialty department (e.g. Faculty of Education, PDP program, Nursing department, etc.) you will need to make arrangements to provide the specialty department with a hard copy.
Hard copies of transcripts will be available for pick up as per usual procedures and hard copies of transcripts that have been sent electronically or faxed to other institutions will be sent to those institutions via Canada Post the service disruption is over. Students are welcome to make their own courier arrangements as necessary.
Confirmation of Enrolment
Requests for confirmation of enrolment can be submitted by:
- Fax: 250-370-3551
- In person at either campus
Requests for transfer credit can be submitted by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 250-370-3551
- Courier or
- In person at either campus
If you have to request a transcript from another institution, please see the section "Submission of post-secondary transcripts", above for information on how to do this.
Medical Compassionate Withdraw Requests
Request forms can be submitted in-person, by fax, 250-370-3750, couriered or scanned and sent by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are asked to ensure their email address is up to date in Camlink or to note it on the form so that decisions can be sent by email rather than by postal mail service. Decisions will not be provided by phone.
- Domestic students are encouraged to pay fees and tuition using online banking.
- Other options include paying in-person with cash, cheque or debit card (interac).
- Students at a distance who are unable to use internet banking can send a cheque by courier.
- International students also have the option of paying using MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
Last updated: August 25, 2016 3:08 pm