This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camosun participates in provincial "ShakeOut" earthquake drill, Oct. 17 at 10:17am
Camosun faculty, staff and students at both the Lansdowne and Interurban campuses will participate in the annual BC co-ordinated "ShakeOut" earthquake drill set for Thursday, October 17 at 10:17am.
"We live in a seismically active region and preparing our college community will help reduce injury and death in the event of a large earthquake," says Tim Henderson, Manager of College Security.
Camosun supports the provincially synchronized Mass ShakeOut event, scheduled to occur on the third Thursday of October each year.
At 10:17am, on October 17, the college community will be asked to:
- Drop, Cover and Hold On
- Remain in a safe position for approx. 1 minute
- After a long blast of horns, people will emerge from their safe positions
- Evacuate each building to an assigned Emergency Assembly Point (EAP).
While at the Assembly Point, facilitators will ask students and staff:
- Who are the people who are the most important to you?
- Where are they NOW?
- How are you going to communicate with each other?
- Where are you going to meet, and how are you going to get there?
After approximately 10 – 15 minutes, students and employees will return to their buildings.
For more information on BC's ShakeOut earthquake drill, visit: shakeoutbc.ca
Manager, College Security
Last updated: October 10, 2013 3:42 pm