Important Message to Camosun College students:
UPDATE: November 19, 2012
Camosun College has been informed that the support staff union (CUPE) will engage in job action beginning Tuesday, November 20 and Wednesday, November 21 at the College's two campuses. This will mean that there will be picket lines at both campuses.
As we indicated in our earlier messages, faculty members may or may not choose to cross the pickets. This may mean that your classes may be cancelled. Your first step to determine this is to go on your instructor's web site, D2L site, or check their voice mail messages to determine their plans. The College will also work to provide a list of cancelled classes on www.camosun.ca. However, due to anticipated volume and limited staffing, this should be a secondary source of information for you.
In addition, you will likely find the following student services disrupted:
Child Care Services
Coop Work Study
Disability Support Services
Library & AV Services
Recreation & Athletics
The Library will be open to offer study space between 9 – 4 pm, but other operations in the library will be unavailable.
There will be limited food services at each campus.
School offices will be open from 8.00 a.m. – 7.00 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, but for very limited services.
There will be a central information desk on each campus on the student services area for general information for students.
For updates, please go to www.camosun.ca
The College respects the rights of its employees to participate in this process.
IF YOU ARE TAKING CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES:
- Any Continuing Education courses scheduled at non college campus locations will run as usual.
- The college will remain open, as best as it can.
Continuing Education instructors may choose (and have the right) not to cross any picket lines. As a result, there may be class cancellations.
Here is what you can do:
- Check the College's web site daily at www.camosun.ca for any notifications and updates
- If you have classes, contact your program coordinator at their college email and office phone to hear or read any messages as to whether they will be cancelling or rescheduling the class.
- Program Coordinators are
Karen Giffon (Business, Photography) 250-370-4116 firstname.lastname@example.org
Patricia Larose (Business) 250-370-4128 email@example.com
Valerie Montague (Health & Wellness) 250-370-4785 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine Paterson (Business, Computer Training) 250-370-4115 email@example.com
Ybo Plante (Trades) 250-370-4221 firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a last resort and only after following step 2, please call
- Gloria Darroch, Director, Continuing Education 250-370-4407
Last updated: November 19, 2012 3:28 pm