Plan ahead for a new career
This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact email@example.com.
Get ready with College Prep
Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Are you on your chosen career path now?
Maybe it's time for a change!
Camosun offers more than 160 different programs. And here's some great news—if you need to prepare with an upgrading course or two, you can do that at Camosun too! Start this September to become qualified and get ready for success in your full-time career studies.
Most career programs have admission requirements such as English, math or sciences at the grades 11 or 12 level. You can take those courses at Camosun…we call them College Prep courses.
From 2010 to 2020, 78% of job openings are likely to require some post-secondary education and training or a university degree. Source...
The College Prep advantage
- You'll be in a class with other adults, who share your motivation to learn and get ahead.
- Your teachers are specialists in their fields and care about your success.
- Help is available: counselling, the Writing Centre, academic advising, financial aid, and more help.
- Mix and match to save time: it's possible to take College Prep math and sciences and University Transfer Arts courses at the same time.
- Double-duty: College Prep courses provide transfer credit to UVic and other BC universities, so your upgrading can also count toward a degree.
September seats are still available:
- English 103 Preparatory Writing
- English 104 Preparatory English Literature
- Math 107 Applied Precalculus
- Math 115 Precalculus
- Biology 103 Non Majors General Biology
- Chemistry 110 General College Chemistry 1
- Physics 101 Introduction to Physics
More September options
If you’re interested in other levels of upgrading, please have a look at the many options offered by the School of Access.
If you already have the admission requirements and want to get started right away, it’s not too late to apply for this fall. A number of career and university transfer programs still have September seats available. Check it out!
Last updated: October 6, 2015 2:04 pm