Camosun logo for print

Archived Content

This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact

June 7, 2011

Camosun College anticipates the Canada Post strike action this week could impact the college’s ability to communicate with students who normally receive important information about their programs, admission and registration details, etc., via the mail system.

The college will mitigate any impact by temporarily and when necessary changing our standard operations by communicating important information with students via email, phone and FAX, rather than the mail system. To help facilitate this, all students are asked to ensure their Camlink accounts are updated with current phone numbers and other contact details.

The college’s Student Services department will make every possible effort to ensure students are not disadvantaged in any way by the Canada Post strike.

What to do about transcripts during the postal strike

Submitting high school transcripts

A. High school transcripts for students currently in high school:

If you are graduating from a BC secondary school this year, you should request to have your final grades sent directly to Camosun by submitting the Ministry of Education’s online Post-Secondary Selection Form. Log in. After submitting this online form, your grades will be sent to us electronically once the Ministry of Education finalizes them and makes them available.

B. High school transcripts for students who have already graduated from a BC high school:

During the postal strike, there are two options for providing Camosun with your BC high school transcripts:
  1. The Ministry of Education has advised that transcripts will not be emailed or faxed during the postal strike. Students are able to retrieve final grades from Student Secure Web available on the Ministry of Education’s website:
    • to access Student Secure Web, you will need your BC Personal Education Number (PEN)
    • create an account or log in to your account
    • print your “unofficial transcript”
    • bring a copy of your printout, along with your Student Secure Web login details to Enrolment Services at Camosun.
    • we will ask you to log in to your Student Secure Web account for us, in order that we may verify the printout you provide to us
  2. Submit a “rush” transcript order via the Ministry of Education website: (rush orders cost $25 and transcripts will be sent via courier, not Canada Post).

C. High school transcripts for students outside BC:

For high school students outside BC, send official, sealed transcripts via courier (or bring them directly) to the campus where your program is to take place:

Camosun College
Interurban Campus
Enrolment Services
4461 Interurban Road
Victoria, BC
V9E 2C1

Camosun College
Lansdowne Campus
Enrolment Services
3100 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, BC
V8P 5J2

Please note that the college can only accept official, sealed transcripts.

Submitting post-secondary transcripts

During the postal strike, there are two options for providing Camosun with your post-secondary transcripts:

  1. Arrange to have transcripts sent via courier to the campus where your program is to take place(see above).
  2. Post-secondary institutions across Canada are also making arrangements to send and receive transcripts electronically during the strike. Please contact the issuing institution to ensure your documents can be sent to Camosun electronically. Please note that transcripts received in this way, must be followed up with hard copy originals once the strike action has concluded.

Camosun College-issued transcripts

Temporary arrangements have been made for the duration of the strike for Camosun to send transcripts to other colleges and universities via fax or electronically. Please note that in this case transcripts are sent to Admissions departments only. If you require a transcript be sent to a specialty department (e.g. Faculty of Education, PDP program, Nursing department, etc.) you will need to make arrangements to provide the specialty department with a hard copy.

Hard copies of transcripts will be available for pick up as per usual procedures and hard copies of transcripts that have been sent electronically or faxed to other institutions will be sent to those institutions via Canada Post the strike action is over. Students are welcome to make their own courier arrangements as necessary.


For more information, please contact Enrolment Services at 250-370-3550, email Or for really fast, self-help answers to your questions, check out our online FAQ tool.

Last updated: June 7, 2011 5:35 pm

Contact Us
Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College Interurban
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
  • 250–370–3000
  • 1–877–554–7555 (toll-free)

©1996–2019 Camosun College | Victoria BC, Canada | Printed: May 22, 2019 at 8:46 am Change Everything logo for print