Camosun logo for print

Archived Content

This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact communications@camosun.ca.

Camosun students perform The Vagina Monologues.April 24 & 25 @ 7.30, Gibson Auditorium

Camosun students are coming together to perform a benefit show of Eve Ensler's, ‘The Vagina Monologues’ on Friday, April 24 and Saturday, April 25, in the Gibson Auditorium, Young Building Rm. 216.

‘The Vagina Monologues’ is a collection of stories about womens experiences and their relationships to their vaginas. The stories were largely written to break the silence surrounding the vagina. These stories evolved into V-Day—a movement that exists to stop violence against women and girls. V-Day allows people to put on The Vagina Monologues for free— in return they must raise funds for organizations that stop violence against women and girls.

The Camosun performance will give10% of the proceeds to the V-Day Spotlight Campaign, Power to the Women & Girls of the DRC. The remaining 90% will go to the Mary Manning Center – Child Abuse Prevention and Counseling Society of Greater Victoria. The group provides support to young people who have been the victims of sexual assault. The Society was founded by Mary Manning who, together with therapist Rita Milot, began providing counseling services to child survivors of sexual abuse in 1984. The Vagina Monologues will help usher in their 25th year of service.

Tickets

Tickets are 10$ for students or 20$ for non-students. Pick up your tickets at the Student Society Office.

Last updated: April 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Contact Us
Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College Interurban
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
  • 250–370–3000
  • 1–877–554–7555 (toll-free)

©1996–2019 Camosun College | Victoria BC, Canada | Printed: May 24, 2019 at 12:53 am Change Everything logo for print