Why wait for September?
This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If youâ€™re looking for specific information and havenâ€™t found it, please contact email@example.com.
If youâ€™re ready, weâ€™re ready.
Why study in the summer?
- Upgrading â€“ Need admission requirements for a fall program? Do your Upgrading courses in the summer and be ready to roll in September.
- University Studies - Lighten your fall workload by knocking off a course or two ahead of time.
- Diploma Programs â€“ Been out of school for a while? Nervous about becoming a full-time student? Ease into the learning lifestyle by taking a course this summer. English 150 is a good place to start.
- Certificate Programs - Start a career program in June or July and be ready for employment while other people are still in school.
Maybe you need to meet admission requirements, or maybe you want to refresh your memory from a course taken years ago. Camosunâ€™s upgrading courses will prepare you for success as you continue your education.
Camosun offers all levels of upgrading in math, English, English as a second language, biology, chemistry and physics. You can update your basic computer skills, or brush up on good study habits with a learning skills course. Most of these courses are tuition-free!
Courses up to the Grade 10 level can be done anytime. Courses at the Grades 11 and 12 level begin in July. Contact us when youâ€™re ready.
ELD (ESL) English as a Second Language at various levels
ENGL 092 Provincial English Composition
ENGL 094 Provincial English Literature
LRNS 100 Learning Skills
MATH 072 Advanced Math 1
MATH 073 Advanced Math
Contact us for date/time options and to register.
Fast-track your September education plan by taking a summer course or two.
ACCT 110 Financial Accounting 1
ACCT 111 Financial Accounting 2
BIOL 100 Non-Majors Biology 1
BIOL 124 Evolution and Diversity
BUS 120 Business Law
BUS 140 Business Info. Technology
CHEM 110 General College Chemistry 1
CHEM 121 College Chemistry 2
ECON 103 Principles of Microeconomics
ENGL 150 English Composition
ENGL 160 Introduction to Literature
ENGL 282 British Literature 1700-1900
FIN 110 Business Finance 1
HIST 106 World History 1900-1945
KORE 101 Korean Basic 2
MATH 115 Pre-Calculus
PHIL 100 Introduction to Philosophy
PHIL 330 Ethics in Business
PSYC 110 Experimental Psychology
PSYC 150 Child Development
Many diploma programs include university transfer courses that are available in the Summer Term. English 150 is one common example, but talk to an Academic Advisor to find out if there are other options for the diploma program youâ€™ve chosen to do. By easing your fall workload, youâ€™ll have more time to focus on good grades, a part-time job, or being with family and friends.
Get the skills, knowledge, and a recognized credential that employers are looking for.
Camosun specializes in career training. And we donâ€™t close for the summer!
Start in June:
- Interprofessional Mental Health & Addictions
- Computer Engineering Bridge (to University)
- Electrical Engineering Bridge (to University)
- Mechanical Engineering Bridge (to University)
- Software Engineering Bridge
Start in July:
Last updated: April 16, 2019 12:38 pm