Eight Chargers earn CCAA National Scholar Award
This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact email@example.com.
September 26, 2007
Camosun would like to congratulate eight student-athletes from the 2006-07 Chargers athletics program for earning top honours for their academic and athletic pursuits.
Earlier this month, the Canadian Colleges’ Athletic Association (CCAA) announced the CCAA National Scholar Award recipients for the 2006-2007 season.
- Chris Abra, men’s volleyball
- Andrew Abbott, men’s volleyball
- Dana Allan, women’s volleyball
- Kate Carlson, women’s basketball
- John Galloway, men’s volleyball
- Dan Goodburn, men’s volleyball
- Sachi Ihara, women’s volleyball
- Megan Welle, women’s volleyball
The National Scholar Award recognizes the outstanding academic accomplishments of CCAA student-athletes. To achieve this honour, a student-athlete must achieve a minimum GPA standing of 85% in their current academic year. From last year’s 104 CCAA member-institutions, 591 students were awarded the prestigious honour in their pursuit of academic and athletic excellence.
The awards will be presented at the Chargers season openers in November at St. Maragret’s School (1080 Lucas Avenue).
- Chargers Basketball vs. Malaspina Mariners Friday, November 2 Women at 6:30pm Men at 8:15pm
- Chargers Volleyball vs. Malaspina Mariners Saturday, November 3 Women at 6:00pm Men at 7:45pm
Recreation and Athletics Coordinator
Last updated: September 26, 2007 1:29 pm