Camosun's Economic Impact on Region significant
This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 3, 2007
A government-sponsored study conducted for BC colleges by CCbenefits Inc. has been released and shows that Camosun College has a significant Economic Impact on the Region.
Their findings include:
- Taxpayers see a real money return of 16% on their annual investments in Camosun.
- Camosun returns $4.80 for every dollar of taxpayer financial support.
- Camosun is an engine of economic growth with the Camosun Service Area economy annually receiving roughly $816.6 million in income
For details on Camosun's economic impact on the Region please view the following:
Economic Contribution of Camosun College
- Analysis of Investment Effectiveness and Economic Growth
- Fact Sheet: Economic Impact of Camosun College (pdf 55kB)
- Taxpayer Perspectives: Camosun College (pdf 40kB)
CCbenefits Inc. is an economic modeling company. The economic impact model used in the analysis is a peer-reviewed model that has generated more than 700 studies for communities and technical colleges in the U.S. and Canada.
President, Camosun College
Last updated: October 3, 2007 2:35 pm