Island Tech Showcase 2007
This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If youâ€™re looking for specific information and havenâ€™t found it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, November 9 @ the Victoria Conference Centre
Meet the players that make up the tech industry in Greater Victoria
Island Tech, hosted by VIATeC, is Vancouver Islandâ€™s Technology showcase that displays the Islandâ€™s world class innovations. The venue provides you with the opportunity to network with many of the industryâ€™s key playersâ€”admission is free for Camosun studentsâ€”learn more about the exciting things happening in our local tech sector . Greater Victoriaâ€™s technology industry has annual revenues now exceeding $1.7 billion, making it the largest revenue producing industry in the region.
What types of jobs can you find in the technology industry?
- Software Developers,
- Technical Writers,
- Electrical/Mechanical Technician,
- Business Analyst,
- Public Relations,
- Business Development,
- Event Coordination,
- Human Resources,
- Contract work, etc.
Did you know?
- Admission is free for Camosun students (regular admission is $10).
- Over 80 technology companies in the region will be in attendance including many of Victoriaâ€™s top employers (Abebooks.com, Schneider Electric, Neverblue Media, etc).
- The median baseline salary for an advanced technology worker is 10% more than the median household income in Greater Victoria.
- An HR panel will be held from 1â€“3 pm in order to provide insight from our industryâ€™s top rated employers.
- If you're a student, by attending Island Tech you will be entered to win a new laptop!
When: Friday, November 9th, 2007 from 10:00am to 6:00pm
Where: Victoria Conference Centre
Buses will be leaving from Camosun College (Technologies building Parking lot) at 9:30am and 2:30pm on Friday, November 9th. Buses will only be returning at 12:45pm.
Contact email@example.com for tickets in advance. Tickets will also be available at the door
Last updated: November 1, 2007 1:54 pm