Open House 2007
This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1600 people visit the Interurban Campus
May 2 , 2007
Through rain and shine more than 1600 visitors enjoyed Camosun's Open House 2007 at Interurban campus, April 26. High school students, parents, teachers and community members alike dropped in to participate in the over 100 interactive exhibits, experiments and events including:
- CSI—you're the detective. Solve the murder
- Get Hammered! (Nail driving competition)
- Win your own Olympic medal
- Cutting metal with a plasma cutter
- Sumo Robots
- Fingerprint analysis
- Jazz and classical performances by Victoria Conservatory of Music students
Congratulations to all the Open House winners!
Two prizes of $500 toward Camosun College Tuition awarded to:
- Kelly McNeil, from Mt Douglas Secondary School
- Andrew Burke, from Claremont Secondary School
Scavenger Hunt Prizes
- Digital Camera
Kyra Doskotch from Alberni District Secondary
- iPod nano
- Sport MP3 Player
Danny Paradis, from Stelly’s Secondary
Five prizes of a $100 Camosun Gift Card, donated by CUPE 2081, awarded to:
- Judith Caicedo, a Camosun student in Home Support/Residential Care Attendant - ESL
- Christee Kuraitis, a Saanich resident
- Cameron Gunton, from Mt. Douglas Secondary
- Katie Dreiswerck
- Mathieu Poirier
Times Colonist Concert Promo
- 2 tickets to Jann Arden
- 2 tickets to Incubus
Scarecrow water-activated sprayer, donated by Contech Electronics
- Mary-Anne Neal
Thank you Open House sponsors!
- BC Construction Association
- Thrifty Foods
- Island Farms
- Investors Group Financial Services
- CUPE 2081
- Contech Electronics Inc.
Thanks to all who came out. We look forward to next year's Open House on April 24, 2008 at Lansdowne campus.
If you would like more information about Camosun's programs and services, please call 370–3550 or email@example.com.
Last updated: April 9, 2010 3:06 pm