This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week-long introduction to the exciting world of technology and engineering!
If you are a high school student entering Grade 9, 10, 11 or 12 in September 2007, join us for this fun, one-week introduction to the exciting world of technology and engineering!
Participants will join in a variety of workshops giving hands-on experience with the latest hightech equipment as they spend a day in each of four main areas:
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Computer Systems
Hands-on activities include:
- working with survey instruments;
- making a Sumo Robot (that you keep!);
- creating virtual models using Computer-Aided Design (CAD);
- making mechanical widgets; and
- designing websites with Dreamweaver and Flash/PHP.
Friday events include competitions in Robotics, Civil, Mechanical, and Website design.
Exciting local careers
With annual revenues of $1.7 BILLION, Vancouver Island has the fastest-growing technology sector in British Columbia, and a global reach when it comes to designing and producing high tech gear and services. Wages are high and the variety of work available is mind-blowing—it's definitely not about sitting in front of a dimly-lit monitor, programming boring code anymore.
DiscoverTech@Camosun and discover a world of fun!
- Dates: Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm daily July 16-20, 2007
- Location: Interurban Campus
- Course: 2007S TTCM 101V 001
- Cost: $249 plus GST (includes all supplies and a light lunch each day)
Registration is on a “first come, first served” basis and seating is limited – Don’t be disappointed, register early!
Call the Admissions Dept. at 370–3550 or Toll-free Number 1–877–554–7555 (for VISA, Mastercard or American Express registration only)
Use our secure online registration form
Drop by either Camosun Campus, Admissions Dept to register.
Contact us at: Continuing Education, School of Trades & Technology
Last updated: December 31, 1969 4:00 pm