Audit a course at Camosun
This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact email@example.com.
And by 'audit' we don't mean the painful kind from Revenue Canada
Here's your chance to keep mentally fit—engage your mind in your choice of interests from a multitude of disciplines, ranging from philosophy and sociology to European history or elementary statistics!
You can now audit courses at Camosun under the following criteria if you are not a regular, credit student enrolled in Fall 2007 or Quarter 1 2007 courses. It’s a great way to be exposed to new subjects, ideas and people, whether you want to "dip a toe" into a new discipline, or practice a course before taking it again for credit.
As an "audit student", your fees will be approximately half the normal fee. The admissions process is smooth and easy—in fact, there are no admission requirements and course prerequisites. Since you’re taking these courses for personal interest and you won’t be receiving academic credit, you also won’t need to write papers or study all night for the exams!
Searching for courses
Auditing is available for Business, Arts and Science courses only. Note: If a course indicates that it is restricted then it is not available as an audit course.
- Go to Camlink, our online registration system.
- Select "2007F" from the "Term" drop-down menu.
- Under "Subjects" select the subject you're interested in.
- Click "Submit". You'll get a list of all the courses we offer in that subject and the times and days that we offer them, along with the available seats, the capacity of the course and how many students are waitlisted.
- Be sure to visit Camlink again just prior to class start (September 4th) to see which classes that you are interested in have space available or a very small waitlist.
- On the first day of class, go to the classroom and ask the instructor to sign the "Audit Permission to Register" form. The instructor may not be able to do that right away as there may be other students wishing to access the course for credit, however you'll be able to sit in the classes until such time as the instructor can ascertain if there is space for you.
- When you have your form signed you can bring it to the Registration Office. At that time your non-refundable fees will be due.
For further information on applying to Camosun as an audit student and for details on available courses phone 250–370–3550 or contact us online.
Last updated: December 21, 2009 11:10 am