Get started in an exciting career!
This archived web page remains online for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated and may contain out of date information. If you’re looking for specific information and haven’t found it, please contact email@example.com.
Explore career opportunities within the construction industry
Program begins May 14. Apply Now!
To help meet the continuing demand for skilled and motivated trades people, the Construction Industry Foundation and Camosun are piloting the Construction Orientation and Retention for Employees (CORE) program.
The CORE program will introduce you to the basic skills and safe work practices in the construction industry. It consists of 6 weeks in class followed by 6 weeks paid work placement. This pilot program is free to all participants. You'll be asked to complete an evaluation at the end with a possible 6 month follow-up
- provide you with WHMIS, First Aid, Fall Protection, Fire Safety, Flag Person and CSTS training
- qualify you for a paid work experience placement in the BC construction industry
- guide you in preparing a resume in construction and prepares you for job interviews with employers
- give you the opportunity to explore a variety of careers within the construction industry
You’ll be introduced to the use of:
- optical levels,
- construction drawings,
- rigging hand signals,
- ladders and scaffolds,
- hand and power tools,
- pneumatic and fuel powered tools,
- sealants, and
You’ll need to submit your resume and potential candidates will be invited to an interview involving a basic math and reading comprehension evaluation. As a successful candidate you’ll be asked to complete a Camosun application.
Space is limited so apply now. Fax your resume to Sonja Macleod at 250–370–4428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: May 18, 2007 4:11 pm