Seats Available for Summer 2019
We still have seats available for summer. Some of these courses can be taken individually, as electives or within designated programs.
Beliefs, practices, and the future
Despite popular opinion among many Canadians that religion belongs to the past, it continues to be central to lives of most human beings.
World Religions courses at Camosun look at a number of global religious traditions that cross national, cultural, and geographical boundaries, and how they address issues like:
- What do more than half of humans mean when they say they are Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or Hindu?
- What, in each of these religious traditions is meant by ‘fundamentalism,’ and why does it have a bad reputation?
- What is the difference between ‘organized’ and ‘popular’ religion?
- Why do people get so passionate about saying they are ‘religious,’ ‘atheist,’ or ‘agnostic?’
- Will these traditions get along better or worse in the Internet Age?
- Why is Jerusalem so hotly contested?
Program or University Transfer
We recommend you attend an information session to learn how Religion courses can be taken in a program or as individual university transfer courses. If you plan to take individual courses at Camosun, when you apply online, you will select University Transfer as your program option.
“My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” Dalai Lama