Need help with any of your English homework? Looking for inspiration or guidance or other resources? You're in the right place.
Choosing your English course
- Choosing the right course depends on your program and academic goals.
- Have questions about your Camosun admission requirements, program demand or your application? Contact Admissions.
- Need help with program, course or transfer choices? Contact Academic Advising.
- Need academic upgrading to finish your high school diploma, or just brush up on a few skills before starting on your post-secondary journey?
- Want to learn more about the various English options available? Contact the English department chair.
Not sure what level of English you should be taking? If your high school transcripts are dated, or if you do not have any transcripts, you will need to take an assessment of your current skills before registering. The results from the assessment will indicate where to start for success.
Contact the Assessment Centre.
Prior Learning Assessments
Please contact English department chair for assessment services.
Our help centres can help you with all levels of English and ESL coursework. We also offer help centres for Math.
Our Help Centres provide:
- Assistance with coursework
- Computers and printers
- Reference and other support materials, including Math and English videos/DVDs
- Separate quiet testing areas
- Course materials for your use
- Opportunity to work with your peers
Help is also offered through the Writing Centres at both campuses. See the online booking form for schedule.
Academic writing skills, including:
- Preparing an article summary
- Critiquing an article
- Creating a thesis statement
- Developing an argument
- Using scholarly sources as evidence
- Showing how evidence supports a thesis
- Citing your scholarly sources