Camosun Continuing Education offers writing and publishing intensive courses with outstanding instruction that are tailored for part-time learners.
Continuing Education courses
Designed for adults with busy lives, Camosun Continuing Education (CE) offers a wide variety of professional development and personal interest courses and certificates that can be taken part-time or online.
Learn how to effectively capture your experiences and stories from a variety of well-known local writers. Course formats vary from workshop to seminar, depending upon subject matter and facilitator.
See the full list of Writing and Publishing courses for course schedule and registration details.
- Advanced Fiction Writing with Robert Wiersema
- Beginning a Book-length Memoir (Part 1)
- Beyond the Basics: A Creative Writing Immersion
- Building Service Worker Level 1
- Craft Compelling Digital Content that Connects with your Customers
- Discover Your Written Voice
- Editing 101
- Fiction Writing Intermediate Workshop with Robert Wiersema
- Prep for Creative Writing Immersion
- Social Media & What's My Line
- Technical Writing
- The Writers Toolbox: Tools of the Trade
- Undressing Your Master Poet: Workshop with Yvonne Blomer
- Web, Newsletter & Blog Writing
- Writing History
Other Courses of Interest
- Certificate in Comics & Graphic Novels (Camosun credit program)
- Creative Writing credit courses
- Word 2016 - Level 1 Powerful tips and tools
- Word 2016 - Level 2 Maximizing Efficiency
- Writing Skills for Leaders
Contact Camosun Continuing Education
Writing and Publishing courses
c/o CE - Camosun School of Business
250-370-4565 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet your instructors
Yvonne Blomer Victoria's Poet Laureate
Yvonne Blomer completed her MA in Creative Writing at The University of East Anglia. Her work has won awards and been published internationally.
Her first book, a broken mirror, fallen leaf, based on her experiences living in Japan, was shortlisted for the Gerald Lampert Memorial Award. Landscapes and Home, ghazals, were published by Leaf Press in 2011. The Book of Places (Black Moss Press) and Bicycle Brand Journey (Jack Pine Press) were released in 2012, and Poems from Planet Earth (Leaf Press, 2013) out of the Planet Earth Poetry reading series in 2013. Yvonne released her third full collection in 2014, As if a Raven (Palimpsest). Yvonne teaches poetry and nonfiction, and you can learn more about her at YvonneBlomer.com.
Yvonne Blomer is Victoria's Poet Laureate for a four-year term, 2015-2019. Selected by nomination, the Poet Laureate serves as Victoria's literary and cultural ambassador.