Pathways for Life Learning & Work is designed specifically for students with a variety of learning challenges. Prepare for entry level employment in food service, customer service and gardening.
The six week program offers high school students who have barriers to education and employment a non-academic, hands-on learning experience.
Sample our employment training programs in the following areas:
- Food and Customer Service
- Customer Service
- E.A.R.T.H. Gardening
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy
This course is for you if:
- you're a student in grade 12/12+
- you like to have fun!
- you want to explore Camosun education offerings
- gain entry-level employment
- learn more about local community supports
- gain problem-solving skills to assist in making decisions about future plans, goals, and work and educational options
- know the rights and responsibilities of workers, adult learners, and global citizens
- feel confident in an educational or work setting
Interesting and engaging activities
You'll attend Camosun College four mornings a week for six weeks. Each morning, you'll participate in interesting and engaging activities in each area listed above. The activities include core competencies to help you transition from high school to post-secondary, gain entry-level employment, or connect you to appropriate local support agencies.
When you successfully finish the course you'll receive a letter of completion and receive 100 hours of high school credit through work experience hours. If you decide to return to Camosun after high school graduation to enrol in the Employment Training and Preparation Program, you'll have a head start on your studies.
The materials fee for the course is $100 (includes the college application fee of $43.51 + $57.34 material fee).
When and where
- Morning session: 8:30am-noon
- Camosun College Interurban Campus - Portable A Building, Room 104
Note: You need to arrange your own transportation to and from Camosun.
Work with your teacher or counsellor to fill out and submit a SIP Pathways for Life application package.
You'll meet with an ETP instructor at Camosun for an orientation meeting.
If you have questions or would like registration information, please contact your school counsellor or email email@example.com.