The Pathways for Life Program is designed specifically for students with a variety of learning challenges. You will prepare for entry level employment in food service, customer service and gardening.
Pathways for Life 2017
What is Pathways for Life?
Pathways for Life is a six week program that offers high school students who have barriers to education and employment a non-academic, hands-on learning experience.
You will have the opportunity to sample our employment training programs in the following areas:
- Food and Customer Service
- Customer Service
- E.A.R.T.H. Gardening
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy
What Will I Do?
You will attend Camosun College four mornings a week for six weeks. During each visit, you will spend a morning or afternoon in each of the areas listed above and participate in a variety of interesting and engaging activities. The activities will include core competencies to help you transition from high school to post-secondary, gain entry-level employment, or connect you to appropriate local support agencies.
Each student who successfully finishes the course will receive a letter of completion. You will also receive 100 hours of high school credit through work experience hours. If you decide to return to Camosun after high school graduation to enrol in the Employment Training and Preparation Program, you will have a head start on your studies.
What Are The Costs?
The materials fee for the course is $75. A college application fee of $41.82 is also required.
Can I Participate?
This course is for you if you're a student in grade 12/12+ and you want to:
- explore Camosun education offerings
- gain entry-level employment
- learn more about local community supports
- gain problem-solving skills to assist in making decisions about future plans, goals, and work and educational options
- know the rights and responsibilities of workers, adult learners, and global citizens
- feel confident in an educational or work setting
When and Where is the Program Offered?
- Morning session: 8:30am-noon
- Afternoon session: 1-4:30pm
- Camosun College Interurban Campus - Portable A Building, Room 104
How Do I Register?
Work with your teacher or counsellor to fill out and submit a SIP Pathways for Life application package. Applicants will meet with an ETP instructor at Camosun College for an orientation meeting to ensure you understand the expectations for the six week program.
If you have questions or would like registration information, please contact your school counsellor or e-mail the South Island Partnership Office at email@example.com.
Important Note: You must arrange your own transportation to and from Camosun College