Sonja Kerr Instructor, Athletic & Exercise Therapy
M.Sc., PhD (Exercise Science), PT
- Postdoctoral research in Worksite Health and Safety at Harvard School of Public Health, Boston MA USA
- Research interests: worksite health, health promotion in the community, empowerment of individuals combined with an organizational and environmental focus, target group approach, health-related fitness and sport therapy, clinical diagnostics of health and performance, rehabilitation, exercise therapy
- Over 12 years experience in Worksite Health in research Harvard University, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and University of Basel; and in practice as Head of Worksite Health and Program Director, Helvetia Insurance Switzerland, as consultant, and as instructor.
- Teaching experience in different settings, e.g. university, high-school, secondary school; with children, teenagers, adults, and seniors; with healthy, disabled or chronically ill persons
- Former member of the Swiss National team in water polo and in handball; completed a cross-country and a running marathon. Enjoys outdoor activities and exploring the nature in beautiful BC and Switzerland