Jennifer Gow Faculty, Athletic & Exercise Therapy
Areas of Expertise
- Randomized clinical trials in orthopedics, research methods, self report measures of health, neurocognitive assessment of mild traumatic brain injury and sports concussion, psychology of memory and expectations
- PhD in Kinesiology, Western University
- M.Sc. in Exercise Physiology, McGill University
- B.Sc. in Exercise Science: Specialization in Athletic Therapy, Concordia University
- Concordia University Entrance Scholarship
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships in Science and Technology
- Western University Graduate Thesis Research Fund Award
- Golden Key National Honor Society, Concordia University
- Member of the Athletic Therapists Association of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association
- CATA Education Committee- Certification Candidate Liaison West
Publications and Presentations
- Legros A, Marshall HR, Gow J, Beuter A, Cheung B, Stodilka RZ. Effects of acute hypoxia on postural and kinetic tremor. Eur J Appl Physiol 2010 Sep;110(1):109-19.
- Zavorksy GS, Murias JM, Kim DJ, Gow J, Christou NV. Poor compensatory hyperventilation in morbidly obese women at peak exercise. Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2007 Nov.15; 159(2): 187-95.
- Zavorsky GS, Murias JM, Kim DJ, Gow J, Sylvestre JL, Christou NV. Waist-to-hip ratio is associated with pulmonary gas exchange in the morbidly obese. CHEST 2007 Feb; 131(2):362-7.
- Zavorsky GS, Gow J, Murias JM. Potassium kinetics and its relationship with ventilation during repeated bouts of exercise in women. Eur J Appl Physiol 2007 Jan; 99(2):173-81.
- Zavorsky GS, Murias JM, Gow J, Kim DJ, Poulin-Harnois C, Kubow S, Lands LC. Laboratory 20-km cycle time trial reproducibility. Int J Sports Med 2007; 28: 1-6.
- Zavorsky GS, Murias JM., Kim DJ, Gow J, Sylvestre JL, Christiou NV (2006). Differences in Pulmonary gas exchange between morbidly obese women and fit women. Appl Nutr Physiol Metab 31 (Suppl), S90
- Zavorsky GS, Murias JM., Kim DJ, Gow J, Sylvestre JL, Christiou NV (2006). Differences in the cardiovascular, metabolic, and ventilatory index between morbidly obese women and fit women. Appl Nutr Physiol Metab 31 (Suppl), S90
- Pearsall DJ, DeSerres SJ, Gow J, Murias JM, DeGarie L, Loh JJ (2006). The effect of banked curves on running mechanics. 14th biennial conference for the Canadian Society for Biomechanics. University of Waterloo, August 16-19.