Share, learn and exchange with each other.
Land and Community-Based Experiential Learning
- Conceptualizing the foundations and aims of land and community-based experiential learning
- Projects focused in land-based education and/or partnerships with Indigenous communities
- Examples of community-based adult education programs, language initiatives and approaches, including connections to and transitions between institution-based programs
Supporting Learner Engagement
- Engaging Indigenous pedagogies and forms of knowledge production
- Examples of creative and innovative approaches to supporting and realizing student success including on-line and distance education, arts-based approaches, filmmaking and social media
- Insights into student support systems in counselling, advising and tutoring
Relationality/Living Our Collective Values
- Indigenization is the process of infusing Indigenous knowledge and perspective into the structural layers of an institution
- How is Indigenization being realized/actualized?
- Presentations of Indigenization initiatives carried out in post-secondary institutions
- What are the opportunities and boundaries in Indigenization initiatives?
- What has changed in the objectives and processes of Indigenization over the last decade and where can we go from here?
- How can we further vision Indigenous leadership and self-determination in adult and post-secondary education?
- Examples of creative and innovative, mutually beneficial relationship-building activities/events/projects etc. with Indigenous communities, agencies, and partner post-secondary institutions
- How can we strengthen/support our relationships collectively, in particular between Indigenous educators and institutions?
- How to build local, national and international movements and networks of Indigenous educators and their allies?