Clarence Bolt Instructor, History & Religion — Humanities
- Undergraduate focus: Ancient and Modern Europe, Minors in Theological Studies and Philosophy
- Graduate Focus: BC History, focus on native/European (missionaries) relations.
- Current Interests: Continuities (rather than just change over time) in World history and Religious Traditions, from earliest urban times to the present.
Why I teach: Classroom interactions, especially seminars, enable the learning experiences to go beyond mere information such as dates, names, and facts to exploring why people believe and do what they do.
- HIST 100 Introduction to History
- HIST 102 World Civilizations 1: Pre-1450
- HIST 103 World Civilizations 2: Post-1450
- HIST 120 European History: From Renaissance to Revolution
- HIST 122 European History: Revolution to Present
- HIST 214 Our Home on Native Land: BC History
- REL 100 World Religions of the West