Providing a launch pad, a starting point, a pathway
As our name suggests, the School of Access opens doors for you. With our upgrading programs, you can build or refresh your math and English skills to meet admission requirements and be successful in other college programs. We offer an excellent career exploration program to help you identify career goals and a post-secondary plan to help you reach them. We also provide programs that help students overcome barriers and gain basic skills for entry level employment. Throughout all our programs, you will experience a supportive college environment with experienced instructors who are trained for teaching adults.
Life-changing Learning: Welcome to the School of Access!
We want to give you a pathway to reach your educational goals, and support you along the way.
You can finish your high school diploma, brush up on a few skills or get the academic requirements you need for other programs.
The first step on your pathway may be in the community and the second on-campus. Or the pathway may start with career exploration and move on to a better job - it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you've probably come to us to begin a new phase in your life, and we can provide you with the pathway you need to make it to where you want to go.
We are a doorway, a launch pad, a starting point - it's not where you end up, but where you begin.
Good luck on your journey!
Ian Humphries, Dean
The School of Access offers students educational opportunities. We support and strengthen students’ abilities to enrich their lives and communities.
The students and communities we serve are at the centre of our work and they know it.
We value, celebrate, and honour:
- inclusive and accessible learning
- relationship, respect and dignity
- diversity and individual journeys
- integrity, quality and responsibility
- innovation, creativity, collaboration and relevance
- grace and compassion.
- Educate others across the college and in the community about what we do through students' stories
- Support students to achieve their goals by expanding our network of strategic contacts and building government and corporate partnerships
- Find ways to best transition students to campus from community agencies and partner sites
- Link vulnerable students to community services
- Protect established relationships and value serving our community, even when enrolments move slightly in either direction
- Create opportunities for community partners to come on campus to talk with students and acknowledge them as contributing to Camosun