Ready to get started? Apply now to the Welder Foundation program. We are always accepting applications.
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
| || |
* Note: If you don't have one of the preferred math requirements the college will accept a “C” or higher in Foundations of Math and Pre-Calculus 10, or Principles of Math 10, or Applications of Math 11, or MATH 053.
*MATH 038 will no longer have prerequisites as of September 2016. Contact us if you have questions.
Have you been out of school for a few years?
We recommended that English and math courses be completed within the last five years.
If you have not completed these within the last five years, it does not mean that you will not be considered; however, we do recommend that you upgrade and/or retake these high school courses or an alternate course at Camosun.
- You should be in good physical condition, with good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- You are ultimately responsible for your learning and meeting the requirements of the course and/or program. All students are encouraged to communicate issues concerning their course and program with their instructor, Chair/Program Leader, respectively. The School encourages full participation and active learning by attending all scheduled classes.
- All trades programs have a mandatory attendance requirement. A student who misses three days in a class will be required to withdraw from the course. In exceptional cases, the Chair may recommend an exemption to this policy. The final decision on withdrawal from a program will rest with the Dean.
- Students must obtain 70% ("COM") to obtain a Certificate in Welder Foundation.