The basics and more
You'll have the opportunity to work on building mock-ups and operating tools and equipment in real-life situations. By learning how the refrigeration and air conditioning systems operate before you start on installations or repairs, you'll become a versatile and highly competent trades person.
|Course||Course Name||Total Course Hours|
|PIPE 110||Trades Core Practicals||150|
|PIPE 119||Piping Trades Access||150|
|PIPE 120||Piping Trades Practicals||150|
|REFG 130||Refrigeration Trade Specialty||300|
|TACC 109||Trades Access Common Core||150|
The Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Foundation program provides instruction in the theory and practices required to obtain credit for Level 1 apprenticeship in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic trade. The program is comprised of the following core levels, in order:
- Trades Common Core
- Piping Common Core
- Refrigeration Specialty Core
Students will learn how to:
- Apply safe work practices specific to the refrigeration and air conditioning trade within a variety of work environments.
- Describe the different roles, functions, culture, and characteristics of the pipe trades in relation to other trades.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment to demonstrate their applications, procedures for use, and maintenance.
- Apply organizational skills to facilitate the efficient and accurate completion of work-related tasks and projects.
- Describe the materials and the associated installation procedures.
- Assemble and test basic electrical circuits and components.
- Describe and install a variety of refrigeration and air conditioning systems.