Ready to get started? Apply for the Professional Cook program. Applications are welcome now.
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
Professional Cook 1 (PC-1)
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
| || |
|Work Experience||Candidates must submit proof (e.g. resume) of at least three months of work experience related to the food service industry, together with a letter of reference from your employer|
|Food Safe||Submitted documentation of completion of Food Safe Level 1 before the first day of classes.|
*Note: If you don't have one of the preferred math requirements the college will accept a C or higher in Foundations of Math and Pre-Calculus 10, or Principles of Math 10, or Applications of Math 11, or MATH 053.
*MATH 037 will no longer have prerequisites as of September 2016. Contact us if you have questions.
Note: The English/Math admission requirements may also be met by one of the following options:
- Completed GED with a minimum average standard score of 500 and a minimum standard score of 500 for both Math and English
- Assessment. The Dean of Trades and Technology or designate may ascertain upon assessment that a student can enter the program without meeting the defined admission requirements. The Dean or designate will provide a student with written permission for the student to present to the Admissions office. Students should contact the Apprenticeship Office at 250-370-3856 for more information.
Professional Cook 2 (PC-2)
- ITA Certificate of Qualification PC1, or
- Equivalent (Student should contact the Apprenticeship Office at 250-370-3856 for more information.)
Professional Cook 3 (PC-3) Apprenticeship training
- successfully complete PC-2
- submit a college medical form at the time of paying fees. (If training is interrupted for more than three years, a second health certificate is required.)
If you completed the program prior to September 2009, please contact Gilbert Noussitou 250-370-3779 or email@example.com, Department Chair for a transition plan.
International students - Please note that there are two factors international students need to consider:
- Challenge to accumulate sufficient working hours to proceed from Level 1 to 2 and 3
- This program may not qualify for the post-graduate work permit. Learn more at Government of Canada Citizenship and Immigration.
- have a medical exam confirming good general health
- attend an orientation scheduled by Camosun College
- minimum overall grade of "COM" is required to obtain each Certificate in Professional Cook 1 or Professional Cook 2.