Courses available in January
Do you want to make a difference?
Social workers are interested in social change and passionate about social justice. If you have a desire to help people in times of need or crisis, a career in social work may be the right path for you!
What's an Associate Degree?
An associate degree is a two-year academic program made up of 20 university-level courses. It is a stand-alone provincial credential you can list on your resume, as well as a good option to consider if you plan to continue your education to complete a university degree.
Camosun offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees. Because an associate degree programs provide some flexibility with course choices and scheduling, you can study full-time or part-time, and potentially year round.
Camosun's academic advisors are available to help you understand how to choose the right courses to meet your educational goals. With this assistance, you will be able to make informed choices to ensure the courses you select will be usable for the specific university program you'd like to pursue.
- Arts & Science Programs & Subjects
- Social Work subject page
- Arts and Science Studies
- Associate of Arts Degree in Psychology
- Associate of Arts Degree in General Arts
- Community Support & Education Assistant
- Community, Family & Child Studies
- Indigenous Family Support
- Mental Health & Addictions
- University Transfer - look at Social Work electives
- Associate degree
- Two years
- Study Options
- Full-time or part-time
- Work Experience
- Optional co-op or internship
- September, January
- Lansdowne, Interurban
- Arts & Science