Ready to get started? Apply now to the Plumbing and Pipes Trades Foundation program. We are always accepting applications.
You have three delivery options for how you'd like to complete this program:
- Full-Time Self-Directed: 30 weeks, self-directed continuous intake (space-permitting) or;
- Full-Time Lock-Step: 30 weeks, yearly cohort intake(s) or;
- Blended: 20 weeks online part-time, followed by 25 weeks self-directed continuous intake (space-permitting)
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
| || |
| || |
* Note: If you don't have one of the preferred math requirements the college will accept a “C” or higher in Foundations of Math 11, or Pre-Calculus 11, or Principles of Math 11, or Applications of Math 11, or MATH 073.
*MATH 038 will no longer have prerequisites as of September 2016. Contact us if you have questions.
Have you been out of school for a few years?
We recommended that English and math courses be completed within the last 5 years.
If you have not completed these within the last 5 years, it does not mean that you will not be considered; however, we do recommend that you upgrade and/or retake these high school courses or an alternate course at Camosun.
- You should be in good physical health and have good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- You’re ultimately responsible for learning and meeting the requirements of the course and/or program. You’re encouraged to communicate issues concerning your course and program with your instructor, Chair/Program Leader, respectively. The School encourages full participation and active learning by attending all scheduled classes.
- All trades programs have a mandatory attendance requirement.
- You must complete all courses in the program with a grade of COM or DST to qualify for a Certificate in Plumbing and Pipe Trades Foundation.