This program is in high demand and the number of qualified applicants greatly exceeds the number of seats available, and, as such, not all of those meeting minimum requirements can be admitted.
The Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing program is delivered in partnership with the University of Victoria (UVic). Apply to Camosun to complete the first five semesters. Semesters 6, 7 and 8 are taken at UVic, after which you will graduate with the BSN credential. Applications for the 2014 program intake are no longer being accepted; the application period will re-open in Fall 2014 for the September 2015 intake.
The Camosun College Nursing Department and the University of Victoria School of Nursing are working very closely to coordinate the education of Nursing students in a Joint Degree Partnership. Details for providing simultaneous joint admission to both institutions have not yet been completed, therefore joint admission to the two institutions has been deferred. For the 2014 class the BSN Program will continue to be delivered as it currently exists, as a transfer partnership, with students applying to UVic in Semester 5 of the Program and transferring there for Semester 6.
There is priority seating in this program for students of Aboriginal ancestry.
If you have already applied for the Fall 2014 program intake, please ensure all accompanying documents received by enrolment services by January 15, 2014.
Admission process overviewStage 1 – Apply by November 30, 2013. Get your admission requirements in by January 15, 2014
Stage 2 – Invitation to the interview day
When you apply you will need to submit:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent;
- A letter grade of “B” or higher in English 12, or EFP 12, or ENGL 092 and ENGL 094; or ENGL 092 and ENGL 096; or ENGL 103 and ENGL 104; or ENGL 103 and ENGL 106; or ENGL 142; or ELD 092 and ELD 094; or ELD 097
- A letter grade of "B" or higher in Foundations of Math 11, or Pre-Calculus 11, or Principles of Math 11, or MATH 073, or MATH 116, or MATH 137, or Foundations of Math 12, or Pre-Calculus 12, or Principles of Math 12, or MATH 093, or MATH 105, or MATH 107, or MATH 115
- A letter grade of "B" or higher in Chemistry 11 or CHEM 100
- A letter grade of "B" or higher in Biology 12 or BIOL 103
- Acknowledgement of meeting the requirements for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of B.C. (CRNBC) as laid out in the CRNBC document Requisite Skills and Abilities. Please sign and date the CRNBC RSAs acknowledgement form.
Have you been out of school for a few years?
It is recommended that the high school sciences and math be completed within the last 5 years.
If you have not completed these within the last 5 years, it does not mean that you will not be considered; however, we do recommend that you upgrade and/or retake these high school courses or an alternate course at Camosun.
Get more details about the requirements for each stage of the admissions process, as well as requirements for program participation and completion.
What kind of applicant are you?
- You're no longer in high school or you attend high school outside of BC/Yukon
- You must submit sealed, official transcripts as part of your application
- You can apply at any time
- Get the details
Current High School Student
- Current high school students are not eligible to apply to this program.
High School Students
Although you cannot apply for the Nursing program directly after graduation you can take University Transfer courses. By taking your English, Biology and elective courses, it gives you a head-start in the nursing program, and will also enhance you chances of gaining admission into the program.