This program is in high demand and the number of qualified applicants greatly exceeds the number of seats available, and, as such, not all of those meeting minimum requirements can be admitted.
Admission overview for September 2015 intake
There is priority seating in this program for students of Aboriginal ancestry.
Application window will be open October 20, 2014 at 12:00pm to December 19, 2014 at 4:00pm.
The deadline for submission of official documentation of admission requirements is January 15, 2015 at 4:00pm.
The program requires a high degree of commitment and is demanding, with a rigorous licensing exam at the end of four years. The program is in high demand and the number of qualified applicants greatly exceeds the number of seats available, and, as such, not all of those meeting minimum requirements can be admitted.
The following general requirements will be considered during the selection process:
- Applicants must have a strong sense of responsibility, a caring nature, and an interest in the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities.
- Applicants must have strong interpersonal, academic and problem-solving skills; and the ability to function both independently and as part of a team.
- Applicants must recognize that the profession is both physically and mentally demanding and that registered nurses must be able to cope well in stressful environments.
- Applicants must be able to respond professionally and knowledgably to trauma, surgical procedures and human suffering
- Applicants must have physical fitness, including good eyesight and hearing and mental acuity
- Applicants must be competent in written and oral English, must be able to accurately follow written instructions, and understand fast paced verbal directions.
- Computer fluency is required during the program training and eventual employment.
Admission process overview
- Stage 1 – All applicants must submit official documented proof of the following by the deadline of January 15, 2015 by 4pm
- Stage 2 – Invitation to the interview day
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
|Requirement||High school options||Camosun options|
|Grade 12||Grade 12 graduation or equivalent|
|CRNBC requirements||Acknowledgement of meeting the requirements for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of B.C. (CRNBC) as laid out in the CRNBC document Requisite Skills and Abilities. Please sign and date the CRNBC RSAs acknowledgement form.|
The deadline for admission requirements is January 15, 2015.
Missing admission requirements?
Get more details about the requirements for each stage of the admissions process, as well as requirements for program participation and completion.
Have you been out of school for a few years?
It is recommended that the high school sciences and math be completed within the last 5 years.
If you have not completed these within the last 5 years, it does not mean that you will not be considered; however, we do recommend that you upgrade and/or retake these high school courses or an alternate course at Camosun.