Ready to learn? You can start this program at any time by registering for the first course. You'll apply to Camosun when you're ready to register for the MS-Office Assignments.
Program admission requirements
There are no prerequisites to the program. Every individual course has prerequisites. See the course descriptions for details. It is not necessary to commit to the entire program prior to registering for individual courses.
- Grade 12 High School Completion or academic equivalent or GED. This is a minimum requirement for most jobs that require computer skills.
- Keyboarding speed of 25 wpm, so that you can focus on learning new computer skills, rather than constantly searching for the right keys.
- Two years of work experience in a business environment within the past five years. This will help you to better visualize how and where software solutions can best be applied to business problems.
Hint: Submitting your Camosun application as soon as you have made the decision to commit to the program will make it easier to attain your tax deduction at tax time.
- Computers - Level 1 (BSCM 501G) or equivalent basic computer skills, is a requirement for the first course (BSCM 504V).
- Participants must have access to a computer that is loaded with and capable of running the most recent release of the Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote and Access). Limited access to a Camosun College computer lab can be provided upon request to your instructor.
- Although it is possible to complete all courses in as little as one semester, it is recommended that learners apply their learning in the workplace, and stretch the program out over more than one semester.
- The self-directed completion project (BSCM 540V) is the last course in the program and must be completed within two months of registering for it. All courses must be completed within two years of starting the first course in the program.
All courses must be completed within 2 years of starting the first course.
* BSCM 540V (MS Office Completion Project) is the final course in the program. It can be started at any time, but must be completed within two months of registering. The project is graded (competency based).