When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
Note: Keyboarding speed of 30 words per minute is recommended
Upon acceptance into the program:
- All students must have received a “clear” criminal record check. For information see the Camosun College Criminal Record Check webpage.
Please note, any Criminal Record Checks done outside of the College will not be accepted and will result in additional costs.
- A TB skin test. Students are responsible for the cost of this test.
- Maintain current immunizations as per the Practice Education Guidelines of B.C. Recommended immunizations can be found at http://www.hspcanada.net/docs/peg/1_3_immunization.pdf. Failure to comply with immunization guidelines could result in the health care organization or the college barring the individual from the clinical setting until proof of immunity is provided and/or until a communicable disease outbreak is declared over. This could impact a student’s ability to successfully complete the clinical placement course.
- Students should be aware that latex will be in the work environment (allergy).
- To qualify for the Certificate in Medical Office Assistant program, students must complete all program courses and achieve an overall cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 in order to qualify for this certificate.