Invest in yourself!
The full-time Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant Program is a comprehensive one-year (ten months), entry-level certificate in pre-analytic laboratory sciences.
Effective from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
|Estimated program tuition||$14,245||$21,580|
|Academic Term 1||$5,326||$8,670|
|Academic Term 2||$5,729||$8,670|
|Academic Term 3||$3,189||$4,240|
A rewarding career
Certified medical laboratory assistants in BC earn a median annual salary* of $47,840 depending on employer and seniority.
*2018 Job Bank Wage data
Additional costs (not included in the figures above)
- Application fee
- Student Society fees
- Textbook and modules
- Name tag for worksite placement
- Uniforms and expendible supplies
- Other costs:
- TB Test
- CPR Level C and Standard First Aid Certificate
- Annual Re-certification CPR Level C and Standard First Aid
- Travel and Accommodation for Clinical Placements
- Mask Fit Tests
- Criminal Record Check
Professional Fees external to the program
- British Columbia Society of Laboratory Science Certification fee
- British Columbia Society of Laboratory Science Annual membership fee
- Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science Non-Member examination fee
- CSMLS Student Membership (incudes discount for examination fee)
Are you a former youth in care?
The Provincial Tuition Waiver program aims to make post-secondary education more accessible for former youth in care by providing financial support for tuition and mandatory student fees. Learn more about eligibility and how to apply.