Camosun College is restructuring and redeveloping the Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA) program. We believe these changes will better prepare graduates for employment in the Canadian job market, and provide enhanced access to future professional growth.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to develop a program that meets the current demands of industry, while also seeking opportunities to reach out to a broader demographic of learner.
To learn more about the direction our new program is taking, consider attending one of our information sessions or fill out the Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant Program Interest Form.
Effective until August 31, 2018
|Program Courses & Practicum||$5,570|
The program tuition includes all course materials, practicum placement, program support, guest speakers, and Camosun supports including Counselling and the Disability Resource Centre.
- Application fee: $41.82
- Textbook: $135
- Name tag for worksite placement: $18
- Camosun uniforms (2) and shoes: $200
- Criminal Record Check: $28 paid to the Ministry of Justice
- TB Skin Test: $40
International students interested in Continuing Education certificate programs should contact International Admissions directly for consultation.
Payment of Fees
- A non-refundable $500 registration deposit is required to secure a seat in the program. The remaining tuition is due fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the start date of the program, unless otherwise indicated.
- A 100% refund, less the $500 non-refundable registration deposit, is available up to fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the start date of the program.
- Refunds are not provided after this date.
- School and Program-specific awards
- External Awards
- Human Resources and Skills Development (HRSDC) may provide financial assistance to recipients of employment insurance. Interested students should contact their local HRSDC office for more information.
- Because this is a part-time program, students do not qualify for a Canada Student Loan.
The cost of this program from start to finish is approximately:
This price is only an estimate.
This price covers tuition, textbooks and other supplies.
A rewarding career
Medical Laboratory Assistants on Vancouver Island earn pay ranging from $15 per hour to $24 per hour, depending on employer and seniority.