An investment in your career
Invest in yourself! Designed to fit your schedule, this part-time program will prepare you for a career as a medical laboratory assistant in only eight months.
Effective until August 31, 2018.
|Program Courses & Practicum||$5,570|
The program tuition includes all course materials, practicum placement, program support, guest speakers, and Camosun supports including Counselling and the Centre for Accessible Learning.
- Application fee: $41
- Textbook: $135
- Name tag for worksite placement: $18
- Camosun uniforms (2) and shoes: $200
- Criminal Record Check: $28 paid to the Ministry of Justice
- TB Skin Test: $40
International students interested in Continuing Education certificate programs should contact International Admissions directly for consultation.
Payment of Fees
- A non-refundable $500 registration deposit is required to secure a seat in the program. The remaining tuition is due fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the start date of the program, unless otherwise indicated.
- A 100% refund, less the $500 non-refundable registration deposit, is available up to fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the start date of the program.
- Refunds are not provided after this date.
- School and Program-specific awards
- External Awards
- Human Resources and Skills Development (HRSDC) may provide financial assistance to recipients of employment insurance. Interested students should contact their local HRSDC office for more information.
- Because this is a part-time program, students do not qualify for a Canada Student Loan.
The cost of this program from start to finish is approximately:
This price is only an estimate.
This price covers tuition, textbooks and other supplies.
A rewarding career
Medical Laboratory Assistants on Vancouver Island earn pay ranging from $15 per hour to $24 per hour, depending on employer and seniority.