An investment in your career
Invest in yourself! Designed to fit your schedule, this part-time program will prepare you for a career as a hospital unit clerk in only nine months.
Estimated tuition fees
Effective from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020.
|Program Courses & Practicum||$3,849|
- Application fee: $41.82
- Supplies: Minimal personal supplies (pens/paper)
- Uniform for practicum: $75 (optional)
- Criminal Record Check: $28 paid to the Ministry of Justice (only after acceptance in the program)
Only after submitting all admission requirements, and seats still being available, you will receive a letter offering you a seat in the program. First qualified, first served.
- A $500 non-refundable program commitment fee (applied to your tuition) is due by the date indicated in the letter.
- For the 2018/19 Hospital Unit Clerk Program, the balance of $3,349 is due and payable by Thursday, August 22, 2019.
You must meet these payment deadlines to avoid forfeiting your seat in the program.
- Tuition fees are payable by debit or credit card, cash, online banking, cheque, money order made payable to Camosun College.
- A 100% refund, less the $500 non-refundable commitment fee, is available up to fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the start date of the program.
- After this time, the program provides no refunds unless approved by the Program Coordinator.
- Hospital Unit Clerk Award in Memory of Marion Bryant
- PACE Bursary for part-time adult learners: phone 1–800–663–1293
- Human Resources and Skills Development (HRSDC) may provide financial assistance to recipients of employment insurance. Interested students should contact their local HRSDC office for more information.
- External Awards
- Because this is a part-time program, students do not qualify for a Canada Student Loan.
The cost of this program from start to finish is approximately:
$4,100This price is only an estimate.
This price covers tuition, textbooks and other supplies.
A rewarding career
Unit clerks working for Island Health earn a competitive union wage, which is currently $22.65 per hour, plus 12.2% for casual work, for a total of approximately $25.41 per hour.