Ready to get started? Apply now for the associate degree program's September or January intake.
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
Effective Date: September 2019
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
|Science 12 |
*A higher grade may be required for prerequisites to some courses (e.g. MATH 100).
- two (2) Math (must include MATH 100 or MATH 108)
- two (2) courses in first-year English
- six (6) courses in Science (must include one laboratory science course)
- six (6) courses in second-year Science in two or more subject areas
- two (2) courses in Arts other than English (excluding mathematics and laboratory science)
- two (2) Elective courses from Arts, Science or other areas.
For a total of 20 courses.
The course requirements for the Associate Degree program credential are mandated by the provincial government. You must complete a total of 20 university transfer courses, and achieve an overall GPA of 2.0 ("C"), to obtain an Associate of Science Degree. No course may be used to meet more than one of the specific requirements; 25% of your courses must be completed at Camosun College.
This program contains a blend of arts and science courses to support the concept of a broad education. Learn more.